Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorials

hey people
    i was wondering if it was possible for someone to type up a quick tutorial to get people started. or to slowly build up a game database like the one which has the copy protections for all games. except with a quick tutorial on how to make a successful backup of that game.
    personally ive never made a working backup cd of a game, ive always relied on cracks which poses a problem for multiplayer. id prefer to use a back up cd and keep the original one in mint condition
    thanks

You'll find a Game Database in the Main Menu here at DTools. You may also check this protection database tutorials can also be found there.

Comment

thanks. the game database just shows what copy protection there is but i dont know what to do from there

Comment

This will probably be some help choosing a program that 'works'.

Comment

thx. looks like alcohol is the way to go

Comment

This guide will give you a good idea of how to use other software as well.
            Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

awosme thanks
              im using empire earth as practise.
              i scanned using this one prog and it found nothing but A-Ray came up with [16:57:13 PM] SecuROM detected -> F:\Empire Earth [74D7FE5A]
              and this other program makes my pc crash. so i asume thats ScuROM old so i made a image in alcohol reaidn subchannel data and making media type securom.

Comment

didnt work :? it says everything went fine
                i jsut mounted the image when i clicked install it said a instilation support file doesnt work because the access is denied but i can still install and the game runs from the image. ok so i reset my pc and the dvdrw works now. jsut the game stalls :lol:

Comment

how do i make a .bwa file for a game?

Comment

Originally Posted by CD_TOASTER
                    awosme thanks
                    im using empire earth as practise.
                    i scanned using this one prog and it found nothing but A-Ray came up with [16:57:13 PM] SecuROM detected -> F:\Empire Earth [74D7FE5A]
                    and this other program makes my pc crash. so i asume thats ScuROM old so i made a image in alcohol reaidn subchannel data and making media type securom.
                    To find out the exact version of SecuROM you should install the game and scan it's install directory with A-Ray.
                    Not all protections are detectable from the CD.
                    If an A-Ray sector scan finds SecuROM then it is SecuROM 4 or higher.
                    You can make a .bwa using VSO's BWABuilder software which comes with Blindwrite v4.
                    It is better to use Alcohol to extract the DPM info instead as it usually gives better results.
                    Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Working...
                    X