• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 98se hangs when I try to mount an image

Operating System: Windows 98 se
    Burning Software: n/a
    Anti-virus Software: n/a
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Windows 98se hangs when I try to mount an image. I can't mount .ccd files.

Re: Windows 98se hangs when I try to mount an image

It's not a known issue. We need a little bit more info to help you out. Has your operating system been installed for 7 years without a reinstall? :lol:
    Does DAEMON Tools mount files of other types (such as a Nero Burning ROM image file)? When does it freeze, is it after clicking 'Open' with the image selected under tray icon's 'mount image'--> 'Select new image file' file browsing window?

If you've used any previous versions of DAEMON Tools, did those versions exhibit the same behavior?

With a freezing issue your saying
    Burning Software = n/a
    Anti-virus Software =n/a
    seem important. Do you really have none installed? How did you create the .ccd file without a burning program (:wink? Maybe your computer has a spyware issue, I'd run a few spyware scanners such as Ad-Aware 1.06, Spybot S&D, Windows AntiSpyware (requires CD-KEY validation and may not be free after the beta period expires), and Javacool Software's SpywareBlaster v3.4 (the latter is more of an immunizer than a protector or spyware remover/uninstaller). You can also get a copy of msconfig.exe from a windows XP machine and run the program on your computer (get the file legally of course, and it'll help you deactivate a lot of startup programs and background services and other auto-running junk).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
    X