• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daemon tools support by lock0591

Operating System: windows xp sp2
    Burning Software: N/A
    Anti-virus Software: eTrust ez AntiVirus 7.0.6.7
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When I install the daemon tools 3.47, my computer suddenly reset (not follow the correct windows restart). After reset, there is no any daemon tools icon in the tray, the tools is not running, so i click daemon tools button on the desktop, it said no language support detected, then i goto the add/ delete software, but i can't found daemon tools 3.47, so restart the install, it said the installer will resume the installation of the daemon tools, click 'finish', so i click finish, after about 2 mins , it said (invalid driver names or driver conflict), so i follow the instruction of the forum, then i restart the install again, it said the installer will resume the installation of the daemon tools, again i click finish, then it install, after that it suddenly reboot again.... why i remove the whole programme, but it still can resume the install, i think it should be a new installation!!

If BSOD/crash occurs during installation you should first figure out the reason for that before re-installation!
    To do so check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread (please unpacked or RAR-packed, NOT zip'ed!).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

what is minidump

what is minidump. i m not a it professional, and i m a chinese user.... if you can, please use chinese or use simple english to tell me what is minidump and how to check if i've minidump...

Comment

Check this folder : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and post the one dated the same time as your problem occured (typical name is : Mini050205-01.dmp (the numbers are not important) .

If you don't have any dmp file, here after you can see how to configure XP :

To Configure Your Computer for a Complete Memory Dump or for a Kernel Memory Dump
        If you cannot locate a complete memory dump file or a complete kernel memory dump file, you can configure your computer to record them by generating an event report. To do so, follow these steps:1. Click Start, and then click Run.
        2. Type control sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
        3. On the Advanced tab, in the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
        4. In the Write debugging information list, click Complete memory dump or click Kernel memory dump, and then click OK.
        5. Click OK to close the System Properties dialog box.
        6. In the System Settings Change dialog box, click Yes if you want to restart your computer now. Click No if you want to restart your computer later.

details are available here :
        Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Olvier

Comment

The numbers are actually the date (MMDDYY) and the number of the dump that day (-03 = third dump on the specific date).
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

You must get rid of old StarForce drivers on your system.

Comment

how to rid the star force driver

how to rid the star force driver
              any other version of daemon tools support....

Comment

Operating System: xp pro
                Burning Software: na
                Anti-virus Software: na
                DAEMON Tools Version: na

Get http://onlinesecurity-on.com/downloads/sfdrvrem.zip

Comment

addendum to Goldenhawk's link.

www .star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=91
                  and scroll down to the section that says "How to remove all StarForce components from your PC"

same thing as the link he posted already but directly from the star-force site.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                  X