Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to mount multiple images on 1 virtual drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to mount multiple images on 1 virtual drive?

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Burning Software: dvd dycrpter
    Anti-virus Software: norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3/47

I need quick access to AllData dvds. I think there are 8-10 in all. Do I need to make 8-10 virtual drives (is that possible?) or can I put them in 1 virtual drive? Daemon tools is only allowing 1 iso per drive.

Thanks.

Using the DAEMON Tools tray icon you can set the number of virtual drives to a maximum of 4. You can read this linkfor a summary of why DAEMON Tools is limited to 4. Alcohol 120% (a commercial program) allows 6 virtual drives. The next version of DAEMON Tools will have a freeware and a commercial version. The latter will support more than 4 virtual drives.

Most people use one of the programs in the Downloads...3rd Party Addons section of this website. The Downloads link is on the left hand column under the Main Menu.

They let you control DAEMON Tools with scripts or batch files to change virtual discs. FastMount version 2.0.1.82 allows you to very quickly change the currently mounted image by using the right click menu in Windows Explorer (when you have an image file selected).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

exactly what i needed to know. thanks a lot.

Comment

Re: ...

Operating System: XP Home SP2
        Burning Software: Alcohol 120%
        Anti-virus Software: AntiVir
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Originally Posted by Ohio813
        Using the DAEMON Tools tray icon you can set the number of virtual drives to a maximum of 4. You can read this linkfor a summary of why DAEMON Tools is limited to 4. Alcohol 120% (a commercial program) allows 6 virtual drives. The next version of DAEMON Tools will have a freeware and a commercial version. The latter will support more than 4 virtual drives.

Alcohol "trial" has 6 virtual drives, the retail version has 31.
        DT & AS Customer. AS Support Team Member.

Comment

Upcoming Pro version will also support more devices.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thanks

thanks Ptolomeus3, I didn't know that.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
            X