PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to mount multiple images on 1 virtual drive?

Arsenal
23.08.2005, 21:57
Operating System: Windows XP Pro
Burning Software: dvd dycrpter
Anti-virus Software: norton
DAEMON Tools Version: 3/47

I need quick access to AllData dvds. I think there are 8-10 in all. Do I need to make 8-10 virtual drives (is that possible?) or can I put them in 1 virtual drive? Daemon tools is only allowing 1 iso per drive.

Thanks.

Underheaven
23.08.2005, 22:12
Using the DAEMON Tools tray icon you can set the number of virtual drives to a maximum of 4. You can read this link (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/viewtopic.php?t=457)for a summary of why DAEMON Tools is limited to 4. Alcohol 120% (a commercial program) allows 6 virtual drives. The next version of DAEMON Tools will have a freeware and a commercial version. The latter will support more than 4 virtual drives.

Most people use one of the programs in the Downloads...3rd Party Addons section of this website. The Downloads link is on the left hand column under the Main Menu.

They let you control DAEMON Tools with scripts or batch files to change virtual discs. FastMount version 2.0.1.82 allows you to very quickly change the currently mounted image by using the right click menu in Windows Explorer (when you have an image file selected).

Arsenal
23.08.2005, 22:55
exactly what i needed to know. thanks a lot.

Ptolomeus3
24.08.2005, 11:30
Operating System: XP Home SP2
Burning Software: Alcohol 120%
Anti-virus Software: AntiVir
DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Using the DAEMON Tools tray icon you can set the number of virtual drives to a maximum of 4. You can read this link (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/viewtopic.php?t=457)for a summary of why DAEMON Tools is limited to 4. Alcohol 120% (a commercial program) allows 6 virtual drives. The next version of DAEMON Tools will have a freeware and a commercial version. The latter will support more than 4 virtual drives.

Alcohol "trial" has 6 virtual drives, the retail version has 31.

Copytrooper
24.08.2005, 11:37
Upcoming Pro version will also support more devices.

Underheaven
24.08.2005, 12:53
thanks Ptolomeus3, I didn't know that.