• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue screen after install

Operating System: XP
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.29

Ok i try and install DAEMON TOOLS 3.29 after about a min or two i get the blue screen of death..... i just need to know if there is anyway around this i have figured out what the problem is and that is when daemon tools tries to install it start this PnP BIOS EXTENSION and then it crashes after that there is a SCSI/RAID HOST CONTROLLER tryin to start up and it keeps crashing anyone have any ideas?????

-AkWingnut

oh yeah i am tryin to install it on a
    Latitude D610
    processor 2.0
    ram 1.0
    dvd burner

Why 3.29? Try v3.47.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

just becuz it was on my computer thats why so if i upgrade will there still be a problem???
      \
      -AkWingnut

Comment

Difficult to say - do you have any games protected by Starforce on your system? If so remove the Starforce drivers first.

Comment

ummm there isnt anything installed on the really just started to do everything too it..... its strange that its doing this too becuz on my other machines it doesnt only with these Dell Latitudes......

Comment

Try to install v3.47 then, if you get BSOD again, check if you've minidump related to that crash (in Windows\Minidump folder), send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread (unpacked or RAR-packed, NOT zip'ed).

Comment

ok so then do i rar the entire minidump folder for you if it goes wrong?

Comment

Well - how many minidumps are there?
                Just send the newest one - it should have date and time related to Daemon Tools installation.

Comment

ok once i download the newest version i will try that out thanks for your help in this matter

*edit

Cool it worked so now we know that if this problems accures again then people just need to get the newest version... it installed fine and like clock work thanks for the help in this matter....

-AkWingnut

Comment

sorry to bother you again but i guess it didnt work.... i shut down my system but when i went to reboot the system did the blue screen again so i enter safe mode and it brought up the driver for the newest version of DAEMON and said press ESC to not load it so i did and now i am here i sent you a copy of the file in rar form please let me know

-AkWingnut

Comment

:?: Nothing arrived yet ...

Comment

sending it again

opps i didnt make a reference to this thread i just sent the file no subject just a little note that said here is the file sorry if it doesnt come to you i will send another copy of the file

Comment

hey i dont know if your still watching this post but do you know what this file is? "d347prt" it tries to install and works for that matter but once i reboot i get the same problem but if i run under safe mode it asks if i want to disable that file from loading....... does this make sense to you???? thanks for the help......

-akwingnut

Comment

:lol: That's Daemon Tools driver, the message while booting in safe mode is in case of problems like hang or crash at normal boot, so you can remove the driver(s) in safe mode to get Windows running first, then to check for minidump. :mrgreen:
                            Did you remove the obsolete Daemon Tools drivers from your system?

Comment

in safe mode i stopped that file from booting up and then i went into the device manager and stopped the scsi/raid controller or disabled it.. since then deamon tool boots with my computer and works without any problems so i dont know what it was that i do but it does work right now.....

-AkWingnut

Comment

Working...
                              X