Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daemon tool is installed but locked! Please unlock Daemon tolls and restart application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tool is installed but locked! Please unlock Daemon tolls and restart application

Operating System: win 2000 prof
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3,47

i got this message when i try to play games. Ive tried 3 different games but i cant unlock it anywhere.
    Ive searched the forum for some help but havent found anything usefull, onli replies that is linked to some thread with no real answer to fix it.

I have used DT for many years but never had this problem so please give me a good answer and not a linkt to a crappy explanation

no current solution for games wanting an unlocked DAEMON DLL ?

I don't think there's a solution for this ATM. It simply sounds likea brand new blacklist. Since you've had no problems for years, I'd avoid appliying the offending updates/game patches (if possible). I genuinely hope someone else replies with a workaround that neither of us know about. If you consider any post containing bad news as being not good and not useful, then you're not alone. Blacklists are unfair and put everyone in a bad mood. :shock:

Can you name some of the games and game patch versions? Or 3 games and 3 game patch versions? This info is will be useful to everyone else who sees your thread.

You do know that you can unlock the DLL via
    DAEMON Tools tray icon... Options ... Lock DLL
    and
    DAEMON Tools tray icon... Options ... Autolock
    right? Of course this means that you're encountering a blacklist and will need to play from the original CD.

QuickMount found in the Download...3rd Party Addons section of this website has an option to keep DAEMON Tools from being detected (aka blacklist fix). After running the program right click the tray icon, 'Anti-Black' is the name of the middle option. Click it. When you uncheck a checkbox the program hides that entry. So obviously, unchecking everything would mean fullest possible hiding from games seeking to discover the existence of virtual drives/virtual SCSI controllers. And of course there's the 'Grant all permissions' button which turns off the 'Anti-Black' functionality.
    And keep in mind that a really good blacklist won't be bypassed just by downloading a program like QuickMount --but its worth a shot.

p.s. I'll link you to a thread where I described renaming the daemon tools drivers. link

p.p.s. the other unsolved thread kenakai mentioned is here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/viewtopic.php?t=5979 (How to lock the emulation options?)
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
    X