• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot burn cds?

Operating System: WinXP SP2
    Burning Software: Nero Burning Rom 6 Reloaded
    Anti-virus Software: AVG Antivirus
    DAEMON Tools Version: Deleted..

I installed Deamon tools and created a number of virtual drives an mounted som images.. But now after I uninstalled Deamon Tools, my computer is having problems finding my cd/dvd-drives..? When I try to burn a cd, I can only choose "Image recorder" and not my burning cd-rom drive. :S

Please help me.

Thx in advance
    WinZi

WinZi, head over to window's device manager, and open the group "DVD/CD-ROM drives". When your burner doesn't show up there, you have to reinstall its drivers - otherwise, there might be a problem with badly assigned drive letters (upload a screenshot to Imageshack).
    The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nemerov
      WinZi, head over to window's device manager, and open the group "DVD/CD-ROM drives". When your burner doesn't show up there, you have to reinstall its drivers - otherwise, there might be a problem with badly assigned drive letters (upload a screenshot to Imageshack).
      I can't find it? :?

EDIT: I found it, but now the problem is that i can't burn data cds? :S

Comment

SFC /SCANNOW and drivers tab click driver details

Have you run "SFC /SCANNOW" from the command prompt? The built-in microsoft utility verifies the integrity of basic windows files. (Be prepared to have you windows CD ready in case of needing to re-install any missingor corrupted files it detects)

I guess your're trying to determind which drivers are being used. Right click your drive in device manager, properties ..., then the drivers tab is all the way on the right, click driver details, and you can type them out everything listed (should be between 5-10 drivers - not too time consuming to manually type).
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
        X