Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After uninstalling D-tools, DVD Burner does not recognize any blank discs/ can't burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After uninstalling D-tools, DVD Burner does not recognize any blank discs/ can't burn

Operating System: XP
    Burning Software: Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I have XP SP2. After uninstalling D-tools, I tried to use my DVD burner to burn DVDs, but it did not recognize any blank discs at all, and the ones I used before worked hundreds of times (honestly).

I actually uninstalled D-tools AFTER I noticed this problem, but the symptoms did not go away. My burner is simply an extra drive, it reads DVD/CDs that already have information on them, but it doesn't recognize any blank CDs as anything.

Nero also began giving a "Power Calibration Error" and this occurred only after the installation of D-tools. Now I'm beginning to wonder whether I should replace the burner entirely or what not. It seems like D-tools either replaced something, or remnants of it are still around.

What I DID notice throughout the whole thing was that the virtual drive that D-tools created (I used D-tools to emulate iso files in virtual drives) took over the slot that the DVD burner filled. I'm sorry I don't know the specific terms to use, but this is all I know.

Please help, thank you very much.

Run diskmgmt.msc to re-assign the drive letter(s), or use Daemon Tools Drive Parameters options to change.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Now I'm just wondering but, I believe my burner was a different type before the change. That is, when I look under its properties, it says it's a CD-drive and last time, I believed it was something like a DVD/CD-drive.
      Is there a way to fix this somehow? I know it's really strange, but I could've sworn that was the way it was. I mean, if there was a way to restore the entire thing back to the way it was. Thank you once again.

Comment

Working...
      X