X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems first time install 3.47 D-tools

Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP 2
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: AntiVir Guard Personal Edition Classic (6.31)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hello!

I have a MSI K8M NEO-4-F Motherboard and a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552U burner and I experienced the 25002 error when I tried to install d-tools. However since this was the first installation on a clean computer there were no remnants of older installations causing the problem and so the common solutions thread wasnґt very appplicable (no old d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys in win32 folder).

What happened was a quick bluescreen flashed on screen when i pressed install with default settings, then the machine rebooted and when I tried to resume installation it claimed there were conflicting filenames. I have both a error log and the minidump from the event.

The logfile contained this wich I thougth was relevant
    "MSI (s) (68!E8 ) [17:59:55:187]: Product: DAEMON Tools -- Error 25002. Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system. Please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of sofware using same names."

Sounds like something with the motherboard (MSI) but I have no idea what to do or if Iґm reading the log correctly. Please help me.

Send the dump to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Check thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS in common problems and solutions forum.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks a lot for the quick help!

I checked the listed copyprotection for the games and lo and behold, starforce was indeed in a game that I installed and tested the graphics with and then removed. Little did I know that Starforce stayed and lurked on my computer =).

Following the walkthrough for Starforce removal and D-tools remnant removal I reinstalled D-tools and it worked like a charm!

Comment

Working...
        X