Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worms World Party - is it even possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worms World Party - is it even possible?

I have tried everything I could think of to get either an image or nocd fix to work with my copy of worms world party. Nothing seems to even remotely work. Has anyone successfully done this?

Yes its possible, this game just uses SafeDisc.

How did you create your image file and what settings did you use?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Depends. The game's copy protection varies from region to region. I have seen it with LaserLock, SafeDisc and none at all. Try scanning the CD and the game directory with A-Ray Scanner and see what you can dig up.

Good Luck
      Supporter of Daemon Tools
      Clone.cd Moderator
      makeabackup.com Forum Moderator

Comment

Ive tried all of the above. When using alcohol to make the image, I get nothing but disk read errors (the disk works fine). Its almost as if they used bad sectors to make it hard to image. I scanned it with A-Ray, and it comes up as SafeDisk.

Comment

beginner SafeDisc stuff

If the read speed takes a few hours - that's normal when using old CD-ROM drives. Check the ignore read errors checkbox within Alcohol if you think its taking too long. The errors stop around sector 10,000 on older SafeDisc versions. If you're patient, you're image will turn out perfectly - you'll want the sectors with read errors to be present in the image file you create.

So, you guessed correctly regarding the reason why the bad sectors are present, See the DAEMON Tools Help section entitled

"Why does dumping an image of protected games take hours on my PC?"
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I got it to work. The link to the help section did it for me. I had to uninstall the game, and then reinstall with the actual image I had made. Works great now. Thx for all the help guys.

Comment

Working...
            X