Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid Device

Hi,

I am getting an "Invalid Device" warning whenever I try to open Daemon Tools.

I had it up and running successfully, hosting two virtual drives so I could play two games. Those still work great!

I recently installed a new Plextor 716a DVD.
    The newest firmware for it.
    wnaspi dll's to the most recent version

roxio dvdmax
    plextor tools

Any ideas what has happened?

I would like to host other virtual drives besides the two I have up now. It is great they still work, but I would another couple.

Mostly I would like the invalid device warning problem resolved.

Running win98se updated to the latest spec, I have no virus', no spyware.

Thanks.

Sincerely, Mark

Did you check out this thread? Or do a search for "invalid device" and see what results came up?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hi,

Yes I read that but my drivers are fine - no exclamation marks at all. Also this problem was not during installation as I have the program installed and it ran fine for quite a while. Still runs in fact for the two virtual drives I have set up. However, as I said when I try to start the program now I get the "Invalid Device" warning, which is different from that posters situation.

What now?

Sincerely, Mark

Comment

I agree with NetSoerfer on doing a forum search for "invalid device". However current forum search does not support phrase searching so you'll get extra results.

Does Alcohol 52%/120% demo install and mount / change # of virtual drives properly?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Hi,

I did the forum search, first. Nothing there appears applicable to my situation. Everyone from what I have read did not have the ability to either install or run the program, but mine is hosting two virtual drives, just not able to make any changes.

As for your second question, I don't know the answer to that.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve my situation?

Sincerely, Mark

Comment

Hi,

I figured out what you meant with the second question. I am new to this so don't really understand all the concepts or lingo.

Yes, Alcohol120 is able to create virtual drives, it is also able to mount and play a dvd, unmount the image, and remove the virtual drive.

So, where do we go from here?

Thanks again.

Sincerely, Mark

Comment

I don't want to break your semi-working setup, but I'd try uninstalling then reinstalling.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Hi,

Can I break my installation by uninstalling and re-installing? Is that a straight forward process? or complicated?

Cheers, Mark

Comment

I think he means breaking your semi-working DT installation, not your Windows installation. In other words, once you uninstall and reinstall, if it didn't fix your problem you may be worse off than before (no working virtual drives).

Comment

So,

is it possible that once I remove the program I may not be able to reinstall it correctly? Is it easy to uninstall the software?

Thanks, Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X