• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starforce cd/dvd

hello

i now that starforce is going to run with dt4

but i only want to now what sort of images we need to run

need we to have alcohol clones made with starfoce 3 datatype or wil a differnt iso als work

thats the only thing i want to now

If you want a small chance to use one day (whaterver DAEMON TOOLS can do or cannot do) your Starforce Images, you need images which contain DPM data so Alcohol or Blindwrite Images not ISO Images.
    This is true for SECUROM protected games too.

Comment

reading StarForce cd's or dvd's with DPM data and first removing StarForce drivers

OlivierFromFrance pretty much explained it. I just wanted to add that you must uninstall the StarForce drivers before creating an image file of your disc. If StarForce is installed it will disrupt the disc reading process as a means of copy protection.

If you look at the sticky entitled "BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS during Daemon Tools installation" in the Common Problems and Solutions forum you'll find a link to the StarForce driver removal program (the drivers can also be uninstalled manually using windows device manager).
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

thank you both for the information , now in can delete the bin , cue and iso files from my starforce games and will make them with alcohol and starforce datatype

Comment

I have been using Daemon tools for some time now. Since Dt4 will allow the emulation of starforce I do have a question. Will the emulation work properly with clone cd images??? I am asking because Clone Cd is the program I use most to make backup images for my games.

Thanks in advance for your answers and your time.

Comment

No, CloneCD is not up-to-date regarding modern protections.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

hey can anyone tell me how to uninstall the starforce driver from my PC?
              Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
              MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Common Problems and Solutions

There is a thread entitled "BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS during Daemon Tools installation" in the Common Problems and Solutions forum that provides a link to the official Starforce removal program.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Type of images for Starforce 3

Please could you tell me which sort of image files (which extensions) will be useable for Starforce3.5+ emulation in DTv4. Wheater of these images will work: mds,bwt,ccd,cue,cdi,pdi,nrg,iso,... ???

Comment

Originally Posted by jpexs
                    Please could you tell me which sort of image files (which extensions) will be useable for Starforce3.5+ emulation in DTv4. Wheater of these images will work: mds,bwt,ccd,cue,cdi,pdi,nrg,iso,... ???
                    MDS is the only format containing the DPM of the whole disc (e.g. b5t only 1000000 sectors) which is required for Starforce.
                    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Terramex, are you missing your old avatar?
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by yacbos
                        hey can anyone tell me how to uninstall the starforce driver from my PC?
                        With this tool:
                        http://www.star-force.ru/support/sfdrvrem.zip
                        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                          Terramex, are you missing your old avatar?
                          Did i have one ?
                          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Heh, guess I was thinking of someone else.
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                              Heh, guess I was thinking of someone else.
                              I guess once again a german tried to be funny in english and failed; what i tried to say: i don't even remember which one i had ... but, no, my capacity for remembering slowly returns (always takes a little longer on Sundays) here I had (surprise, surprise) the cover of the 'Terramex' computer game whose high format doesn't fit anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X