X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation error

Operating System: Windows XP-SP1
    Burning Software: Nero 6.6.0.16 and Sonic Record Now! 6.5.1
    Anti-virus Software: McAffee (unsure of verison)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I uninstalled D-Tools recently because I thought it was conflicting with a new DVD-RW burner (it wasn't). Now when I try to reinstall it I get the following error:
    Device setup error: code 25001 (0x61A9), 1072(0x430).

I searched the site, found a post with the same problem, someone told him to restart between uninstalling and installing. I already did that and I still get that problem.

Common Problems and Solutions - not quite sure what 25001 is

So your setup does not complete and performs a rollback and leaves DAEMON Tools uninstalled. Okay. I'm not sure exactly what error 25001 means but since it happened after uninstalling DAEMON Tools... I'd try performing the manual removal steps outlined in the first sticky in the Common Problems and Solutions forum.

Perhaps something went wrong and DAEMON Tools wasn't completely uninstalled.
    Did you rename your drivers during your previous install of DAEMON Tools? If so you'll need to remember the user chosen driver name(s) when searching your registry and your %systemroot%\system32\DRIVERS folder.

If you choose to do a manual install - Be sure to follow all the steps mentioned (if you get stuck or skip a step you can ask about it here in the forum). And after any changes to the registry or deleting any files from the hard disk be sure to reboot.

After you're done, I'm hoping you'll be able to reinstall DAEMON Tools without problems.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Re: Common Problems and Solutions - not quite sure what 25001 is

Operating System: xp
      Burning Software: nero
      Anti-virus Software: norton
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.4.7

I get the same 25001 error.

I checked the log file and at the end, it says I still have Daemon installed.

Looking at your post, I'm wondering what drivers have to be renamed and what you mean by a manual install.

Would you please elaborate a bit more?

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Ohio813
      So your setup does not complete and performs a rollback and leaves DAEMON Tools uninstalled. Okay. I'm not sure exactly what error 25001 means but since it happened after uninstalling DAEMON Tools... I'd try performing the manual removal steps outlined in the first sticky in the Common Problems and Solutions forum.

Perhaps something went wrong and DAEMON Tools wasn't completely uninstalled.
      Did you rename your drivers during your previous install of DAEMON Tools? If so you'll need to remember the user chosen driver name(s) when searching your registry and your %systemroot%\system32\DRIVERS folder.

If you choose to do a manual install - Be sure to follow all the steps mentioned (if you get stuck or skip a step you can ask about it here in the forum). And after any changes to the registry or deleting any files from the hard disk be sure to reboot.

After you're done, I'm hoping you'll be able to reinstall DAEMON Tools without problems.

Comment

Re: Common Problems and Solutions - not quite sure what 25001 is

Originally Posted by helson
        I'm wondering what drivers have to be renamed
        No drivers have to be renamed, but when you install DAEMON Tools there is an advanced button within the installation program. Clicking that button allows you to further customize the installation of DAEMON Tools by choosing custom names for drivers that make up the core of DAEMON Tools. If you've never used that button then you have less problems to worry about. Sometimes peopleforgetwhat names they assigned to the drivers. That's why I mentioned it.
        Originally Posted by helson
        what you mean by a manual install.
        Oops, I messed up. I meant to write manual uninstall. And on this topic, The manual removal steps are outlined in the first sticky in the Common Problems and Solutions forum. I wrote "I'm not sure exactly what error 25001 means" so keep in mind that I was/am just giving a list of suggestions and not guaranteed fixes for the 25001 error.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

The error just means you need to reboot because an un-/-installation option is performed and requires reboot.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP SR2
            Burning Software: Nero
            Anti-virus Software: Nod 32
            DAEMON Tools Version: 347

When I try to install Daemon Tools I recieve a message: Device setup error code: 25009(0x61B1), -536870389 (0xE000020В). It should be mentioned that yesterday I unistalled alcohol 1.9.5. And now I can't install it as well even previous version. When I try to install alcohol 1.9.5.3105 I recieve a message: Internal error 25001. 25009(0x61B1), -536870389 (0xE000020В). Moreover my virtual drive has disappeared.

Comment

Working...
            X