• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to install

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: Clam
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Firstly, this is the first time I've tried to install Daemon on this computer.

I use windows XP with the drive witht he operatingsystem on E:
    The reason for this is that I had an old windows installation on C: which Im still using files from. (Dont ask me why windows chose to call the main drive E:. Ive never seen that before. But everything have always seemed to work well enough anyway, so Ive not bothered to find out why.)

First time I tried to install Daemon it seemed to go ok then my computer rebooted without any questions at the end of install. After reboot I tried to run the program from the shortcut but it seems to not point to the program. Obviously there was no uninstallation program either, so I started the installer again.
    Now when I try to install it stops at the end of installation and says (in a popup): "Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system. Please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of software using same names.".

Maybe Im just stupid but I dont get what to do to finish the installation.

Any help is appreciated.

//Chris

The "reboot without questions" is a simple BSOD/crash, unfortunately MS is so stupid that the standard configuration is automatically reboot in case of BSOD.
    So before you re-install check if you've minidump related to that crash (in Windows\Minidump folder), send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    After the problem causing the crash is solved check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum, reboot after the procedure, then re-install.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X