I don't know what else to try!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what else to try!

I have been able to emulate all my Cd's except for one - Spider-man by Activision. I have tried 4-5 emulation programs, as well as using Daemon Tools to mount it as an ISO and an MDS.

As far as going into any files and making changes, I wouldn't know where to start looking. Does anybody have any ideas, or am I stuck?

ISO's are pretty much guaranteed not to work with copy protection, what method did you use to create the images? You mentioned MDS so I'm guessing somewhere in your trials you've attempted to use Alcohol.

Comment

Copy protection of the game ?
      Settings used to make the image (Alcohol) ?
      DT & AS Customer. AS Support Team Member.

Comment

Okay, I think maybe I was trying toooo hard. I tried Alcohol again, making sure I had all the necessary options checked. I chose SafeDisc, which was on the Database for Spiderman 2.

It seems to work, except that when I close the program, I get the error message that SpideyPC.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Is there a way past this? Anyway, it works - it's not pretty, but it works.

This site has been a tremendous help to me. Thanks.

Comment

Whatґs the version of SafeDisc ?
          You may fair better with SafeDisc 2/3 (Alcohol image making wizzard) and then play from the virtual drive. CloneCD is often a problem with SafeDisc, so you may need to deinstall it cpl. (in case you have / had it installed).

Comment

I tried it with both ScanDisc and ScanDisc 2/3 and I get the same msg. Also, I haven't ever tried CloneCD. Hmmmm.

Comment

That does not exactly sound like a SafeDisc-related problem - do you get that same error when running it from original disc?

Comment

The original works just fine.

I have one other game (its original works fine, too) where I get the same error when it shuts down, but I don't know which copy protection it uses. I was able to create an ISO with it (using WinISO) and mount it using Daemon-Tools.

Comment

You must learn to check the copy protection yourself with a good scanner (like A-Ray). You cannot trust all game database as your version may vary from the one posted or they may vary from country to country !

Please check both of those games (works only with your originals) with A-Ray and then come back. We may help you then more efficiently after that.

Comment

I don't know anything about A-Ray. I downloaded it and its extension is .rar

Does it work with another program like Alcohol? Do I need to place it in a particular folder? Let me know & I'll scan my discs. Thanks.

P.S. I noticed that my post has been flagged. I would like to let you know that I'm a homeschool mom who is setting up the computer for her son who will be starting school tomorrow (Monday). I just want all his programs to be on the computer instead of my having to give him the CD. He keeps scratching his CD's and more simply, it's just a pain to do. I absolutely must have everything working properly and easily without a lot of extra clicks because he is only 6 years old. All the CD's I have I purchased and are used only by us.

Comment

.rar is just an archive format, if you ain't got something to unpack it (like WinRAR or Powerarchiver) then download the installer. This program is just a stand-alone protection scanner, just run it and tell it what to have a look at - it should tell you about the exact protection and (hopefully) it's version then.

Comment

Working...
                      X