Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting RA2 to work.

Hello, first post. . .

I've been trying to get C&C Red Alert 2 to work for the past while now. I've narrowed the problem to it registering my processor as negative 1.7 giga hertz. The problem seems indeginous to the installation screen, as I nearly got it to work via a long a tedious process.

One of my friends refered me to Daemon tools, however, I'm not quite too sure how to operate it. Right now, it doesn't seem like Daemon tools will help, but, like I said, I don't know how to use it very well.

If anyone knows anything that will help me, or a solution to my problem. . . Would be greatly appreciated.

need more info than that, but I can assure your that your processor is not negative 1.7 gigahertz :lol: Daemon tools will only help you if your problem is related to copy protection. What happens during the installation is there an error message? Are you mounting images to install this game or are you running them from the cd?

Comment

Originally Posted by estimablesir
      need more info than that, but I can assure your that your processor is not negative 1.7 gigahertz :lol: Daemon tools will only help you if your problem is related to copy protection. What happens during the installation is there an error message? Are you mounting images to install this game or are you running them from the cd?
      Oh, daemon tools will only help with copyright issues. . . No. It's not running because of the -1.7 gigahertz register. I know my computer isn't that slow, but it's going haywire after I repaired it. I'm getting a new one soon, that should solve the problem. . . I resolved why it's happening this morning, and it doesn't seem like Daemon tools will help. Thanks a lot for your time.

Comment

No your processor is not negative :mrgreen:
        I'd guess your image is incorrect simply create a new one , some time ago I had same problems 3200+ 64 :mrgreen:

Comment

Red Alert 2

I think he was saying the Red Alert 2 install media didn't work either. I'd contact Westwood support as I have no idea why DAEMON Tools would be a solution .
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Well, i don't have it anymore, but if remember it right, Red Alert 2 also had SafeDisc protection on the setup... though i don't know if this information might be a solution for anything here

Comment

I got exact the same problem, but I am not able to help you, since I honestly don't know to solve the problem! Somone! Please put on me a labcoat, put a shotgun in my mouth and force me to get better at solving problems! (Probably I would get shot.. but anyways.. :P)
              A very sufficent signature.

Comment

You'll need a proper image of both CDs, not only to play after installing but for installation itself, too.

Use Alcohol 120% to create such an image from your original CDs (use the SafeDisc 2/3 profile). Then install it using those images.

This is necessary because, as ,jACkdA\W said, the setup is protected with SafeDisc as well as the game itself.
                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                X