PDA

View Full Version : I always get this problem

phukudmss
10.09.2005, 18:06
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Burning Software: Nero
Anti-virus Software: Norton
DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Everytime I try to install the latest version or the older ones, i get this error:
Device Setup Error: 25009 (0x61B1), -536870389 (0xE000020B). Contact your support personnel. I tried to uninstall the driver manually, but I still get this everytime. It happens when the installation is just about done. Can u please help???

Ptolomeus3
11.09.2005, 11:20
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Burning Software: Alcohol 120%, Nero
Anti-virus Software: AntiVir Personal

Enter regedit and navigate to this location (Under Win2k, you have to use regedt32 instead of regedit):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\R oot\SYSTEM\

There should be multiple folders (0000, 0001 ... ...) find the folder that has PnP Bios Extension listed under the data column (for me it is 0003)

Right click the folder and click Permissions

Check Allow on all boxes except for Special Permission Control

Click Advanced

Any Entries listed in advanced should say Full Control under the Permissions column if they dont click the entry and click edit then check Full Control

Now just to be on the safe side repeat the same process on any folder that contains Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator

The problem should be solved.

phukudmss
12.09.2005, 03:45
Thanks. I'll try that

phukudmss
12.09.2005, 03:50
yay it worked. thanks. i've been tryin to install that forever now. i remember doing that the last time i installed it. but i forgot. thanks though

Ptolomeus3
12.09.2005, 10:03
yay it worked. thanks.thanks though

Nice to see it worked :wink:

Drow
13.10.2005, 06:34
Operating System: Windows XP
Burning Software: Nero 6
Anti-virus Software: Norton Antyvirus 2005

Well...can someone upload screenshots?I'm noob in editing registry :oops:

Underheaven
13.10.2005, 10:44
You could try this:

subinacl /keyreg \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ Root\SYSTEM\ /grant=administrators=F /grant=WhateverYourUsernameIs=F /grant=system=F

Replace WhateverYourUsernameIs with your windows logon name.
Example: change WhateverYourUsernameIs to TomJones.

If you need subinacl you can refer to this post (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/viewtopic.php?p=18735#18735) by mutt (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18389). And yes I
realize that if you're a novice, this might not be easier for you.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

johngalt
13.10.2005, 16:50
Operating System: Win XP SP2 with all pre-SP3 patches
Burning Software: Nero 7 and ISORecorder v2B2
Anti-virus Software: NOD32 (primary) with SAV 10 as a backup

What Underheaven meant is this:

Copy this line in the code section below:
subinacl /keyreg \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ Root\SYSTEM\ /grant=administrators=F /grant=WhateverYourUsernameIs=F /grant=system=F Note: The above is all one line, not two separate lines
Open Notepad
Paste the line(s) there - make sure it is exact, and remove any linefeeds / carriage returns (aka Enter) breaking the line into 2 separate lines)
Replace WhateverYourUsernameIs with whatever your username is - if when logging on your username is John Big Red then you can't use john big red - make it exact.
Copy the new line from Notepad
Go to the Start button, then go to Run
Paste the line there
Hit [ENTER]

HTH