• Show
Clear All

• corrupt explorer?

Operating System: XPSP2
    Burning Software: none
    Anti-virus Software: SAV 10.0.1
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hi all,

My Windows Explorer has occasionally gotten corrupted over the last few years. When corrupted, the folder pane appears with something like 7 instances of Desktop each with a different icon. Pressing refresh makes the amount of corruption increase. A fresh instance of Explorer is OK. I can't "make" it happen.

It's never been too big of a deal so I've sort of ignored it however I just saw it again on very fresh install with very little software installed. It seemed to appear this time just after I installed DT.

Does this sound familiar to anyone or should I move on?

Mike

explorer problems probably not caused by DAEMON Tools

"just saw it again on very fresh install with very little software installed"

That sounds incredible. I can't imaging the cause, but I'll take a guess ...Perhaps a piece of hardware in your machine has an driver that's causing this issue.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

This has been going on for ~2 years on several different machines with several versions of Windows so I'm quite sure it's a piece of software. The software that I think I've narrowed it down to is either WinRAR, Beyond Compare, or Daemon Tools. That's about all I had on the machine when the problem manifested this time. I was hoping I could pin it on DT as it happened just after mounting an image. One of my pals has seen this happen too. Here's a picture in case I didn't describe it properly:

Comment

Working...
      X