Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starforce Slow Disc Auth

Hi pepole
    Im trying to create images of few SF3 protected titles with alcohol and have starnge problem after image creating when i mount the cd image disc authentication is verry slow . If i use alcohol virtual drive it takes 5 minutes and in the end machine crashes if i use dtools it takes 5 minutes but in the end just says disc authentication failed .
    The games i try to copy is SC Chaos Theory and Silent Hunter . Is it because of new version of protection as i have never tried creating images of older SF3 games .
    Note : I have tried disabling ide drives manualy and physicaly what i get is 100% same effect .
    Any ideas ?

In my experience, if StarForce does NOT authenticate from image within a mere couple of seconds, it has found something to argue about, will repeatedly repeat it's checks and ultimately fail to give clearance - thus the 'slow' authentification, that's normal. As i don't have both of the games you're trying it with, it's just hear-say from me, but as i scanned it both should be too new for this 'simple' approach you're taking there to run this way.

Comment

I don't think that you can play from an image with last starforce version which includes SCCT .

Olivier

Comment

Originally Posted by OlivierFromFrance
        I don't think that you can play from an image with last starforce version
        That's right, the most recent version of Daemon Tools has been blacklisted by StarForce.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Re: Starforce Slow Disc Auth

Originally Posted by dabuzz
          Hi pepole
          Im trying to create images of few SF3 protected titles with alcohol and have starnge problem after image creating when i mount the cd image disc authentication is verry slow . If i use alcohol virtual drive it takes 5 minutes and in the end machine crashes if i use dtools it takes 5 minutes but in the end just says disc authentication failed .
          The games i try to copy is SC Chaos Theory and Silent Hunter . Is it because of new version of protection as i have never tried creating images of older SF3 games .
          Note : I have tried disabling ide drives manualy and physicaly what i get is 100% same effect .
          Any ideas ?
          If it's gonna work, the authenticationi should only take 5-10 seconds.
          WinXP Pro SP2, Abit IS7 865PE, P4 2.8E@3.4ghz, 1GB DDR400, 6800GT@Ultra-flashed, 420/1100

Comment

I finally got Cross Racing Championship 2005 to run without disconnecting any hardware or so.

SFcure + SFNightmare are working perfect. The Game has StarForce 3.4.76.00

Simply mount the Image with Alcohol 120% and start SFcure. The check takes about 5 seconds.

Comment

Working...
            X