• Show
Clear All

• Critical bug relating to Mount Image (Open) dialog

Operating System: XP SP2
    Burning Software: Nero 6.6.0.6
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec AV Corp 9.0.1000
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Summary:
    Daemon tools saves somewhere the last folder that the user mounted an image from. This location is not being checked for validity before being passed to the Open dialog.

This creates a very nasty situation in the case a direct ip WAS used (ala \\192.168.1.8\c) which is no longer available. (the entire subnet has changed) The Open control hangs indefinitely on a perfectly configured 3.2 ghz, 2GB system trying to access the unavailable path.

Attempted Resolution
    A full search of the registry for 192.168.1.8 turned up nothing related to Daemon Tools that I saw. Perhaps I missed something.
    This +
    the fact there is no obvious configuration file in the Daemon tools folder,
    as well as the fact that a clean reinstallation of DTools did not resolve the problem begs the question where exactly this is being stored.

I would love to be able to continue using Daemon Tools as opposed to a commercial product.

Suggested Fix
    Need to check the saved location before passing to the Open control - passing a defualt location should the check fail.

Would also LOVE to know how to fix this in the meantime.

Great work - excellent product.

thanks.

last remembered mounting location is now an unreachable IP subnet / workaround

Sorry to hear about this problem.

Workaround stuff:
    What if you give yourself a manually assigned static IP on the last remembered subnet? What if you disable all NIC cards and try again.
    You can also utilize the program called TCPView from sysinternals if you don't remember the exact IP that you had been previously been mounting images from.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Nice...

Disabling the NIC cards was a simple solution requiring no reboot. Great idea.

Comment

Working...
      X