Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD image making error in CloneCD and Fantom

hey all,
    i never had this before, so its a pretty new development. it happened after i tried to make a backup of Combat Flight Sim 3.

Anyway, now i can't make images of any CDs that have protection, even tho i could before. Even with Skip Errors on in Clone CD and Fantom CD, i still get "error reading disk at xxx" where xxx is a number. I know the CDs are ok cause i have used them and continue to, and i also know that i used to have a backup of the CDs i tried, and i had used the same software. Anyone got any ideas? is it Micro$oft screwing with me?

Error Reading Disc at Sector [800-10500] is something you will encounter with every SafeDisc-protected CD. SafeDisc depends on a signature of defective sectors in the first 10000 sectors of the CD. Just let it run, the errors should stop shortly after sector 10000.

By the way, you can also use FastDump to drastically increase the reading speed of the defective sectors:

Install the game
    Start Alcohol, go to Emulations, Extra Emulations, activate BAD Sectors Emulation
    Minimize Alcohol
    Start the game so the copy protection check is run
    Exit the game
    DON'T EJECT THE DISC!
    Go to Alcohol again
    Read the image with SafeDisc 2 profile

If everything worked correctly, it should be a matter of a few seconds until all the defective sectors are read. After the last defective sector, the disc should be read just as any other disc.

HTH

sG
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Combat Flight Sim 3 is protected with safedisc v 2.70.030 and you shouldn't have any difficulty copying it with clonecd if you have a 2 sheep writer.

Comment

jvshah

thanks u very much

Comment

Working...
        X