Do the drivers of Starforce 3.7 install with Daemon Tools V4 -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the drivers of Starforce 3.7 install with Daemon Tools V4 -

I know am slightly ahead of the release of Daemon Tools V4, but I hope that someone may be able to enlighten me regarding how this will all work.

Will Daemon Tools V4 stop the installation of the hidden Starforce system level drivers onto my system or will it just allow me to use the software without the CD through a mounted image?

I may yet get to play Silent Hunter III!

Thanks in advance.

No, Daemon Tools can and will not prevent the installation of any other drivers. If you don't want Starforce crap on your computer boycott Starforce protected games.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I am already boycotting Starforce products. I have resigned myself to the fact that playing computer games as a passtime/hobby is something that will soon come to pass.

I cannot fathom that the educated men controlling companies such as Ubisoft and the likes can be so stupid. Stupid in hurting the paying customer, who will either leave as I might be forced to... or turn that user over to piracy due to the ill will and expense that the user has as a result of this type of copy protection.

Comment

Re: stop playing games

What, stop playing games, new hobbies :?: :!:
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

If anyone had asked me a year ago I would have said never, I would never give up gaming. But alas along came starforce...

It does pain me, but I will not pay to have my rights removed from me by monopolies. Who release unfinished products and rarely give them anything other than a cursory patch.

I will not step up onto the soap box as it may not be appreciated here... :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
          X