DPM analyze doesn't work any more!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPM analyze doesn't work any more!!!

Today i got my new DVD Rom Reader and I built it into my Computer, but now the DPM Analyse doesn't work any more.

I set the one as the master and the other on as the slave.

The master is the Reader and the slave is my burner.

Can somebody help me???

DPM ready is not possible with every DVD reader, try various reading speed and finally buy an other brand !

Please post your DVD reader name so that people will not buy it !
    Report also to Alcohol or Blindwrite software development teams .

Olivier

Comment

And first check for St0rkForce drivers etc. ...

Comment

Originally Posted by ,jACkdA\W
        And first check for St0rkForce drivers etc. ...
        Wait a sec... You mean that the SF drivers are interfering with Alcohol's DPM extraction? Now *that* I didn't know!
        To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Its a fact .
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Re: ...

Originally Posted by Underheaven
            Its a fact .
            this i find very strange....
            can you post some proof positive ?
            apart from this board i have not seen this anywhere else (apart from quotes from this board on other boards)
            i am NOT arguing, rather just need this to be proven to me!!

why ?

i have the latest SF drivers and can make good alcohol images on the same system. others have said that too.....
            what exactly do the SF drivers NOT let you do ?

example:
            are you saying that an alcohol image does not complete for some people with SF drivers on their systems, but that AFTER they remove all SF drivers (and nothing else) it THEN works ????

or do you say that they CAN make the images ok, but that they will not be any good ? i don't understand....

please explain in a little more detail..

thanks..

Comment

The SF drivers deliberately block the extraction of DPM measurements (Another thing they don't tell you about :x ), because they feel that there is no use for these other than copying games.

If another PC with this SF virus on works for the extraction of DPM, then use it.

-Leezer-

Comment

so you are saying the following:

example:

a new install of xp with no starforce game/demo ever installed and as such no SF drivers of any kind.
                in fact since it's a clean O/S install nothing but windows and alcohol
                as you say, with such a system and a good cd drive you make a working image of a SF game using latest alcohol (say worms 4 on dvd)
                you the burn this image to a disc and use it in an external drive to install and play from it (it works so the image was made well, that is no longer in question)

now on the same system since you installed the game there are now SF drivers. so from now on if/when you try to make another image using alcohol the image will not be good. (at least that's what you say) have you tried such an example ? what do you say SF DOES to the image ??? are you saying that it manipulates the image ??? what ?? i'd like to know but with evidence. i have made some of those images that work after i installed many demos and games with overlapping SF drivers, and of course the newest games would have installed even newer drivers.

everything else is discussed with examples or evidence/proof (and i don't mean proof of you, your word, but rather of the discussion) you say what you say, and i hear you, but is there fact in such claims. i mean in technicall terms ?

what you say is that starforce runs in the background all the time and when it notices alcohol try to make an image of a SF game it "does" something. stafroce may be virus like but i'm certin it only runs when called upon by the protection routine of a game.

please dicuss this matter further as it interests me.....

Comment

Nope, it's just running in the background all the time and meddling in general, it doesn't actually try to notice if Alcohol or wtf-ever tries something it doesn't like... like certain sorts of politics, it prefers to act before finding an actual reason

Comment

Well, as I've seen it, the same PC before SF will extract a working SF DPM image, but immediately after installing from this image and the drivers going on, the next image (Can't see any difference in the DPM etc.) refuses to verify.
                    Format the PC, make the second image again, and it works fine.

SF=Virus=AVOID!!

-Leezer-

Comment

Working...
                    X