• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media not recognized after mounting

Operating System: Windows XP Pro service pack 2
    Burning Software: Roxio CD & DVD Creator 6
    Anti-virus Software: AVG Free Edition
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I've been using Daemon 347 for quite a while now. A couple of months ago, when Windows Update came out with a new version of the update program (or something similar to that), Daemon Tools started to falter.

From that point on, mounting images normally would not actually load the image onto the drive. Double-clicking the drive in My Computer would cause Windows to ask me to insert a CD into the drive. I only found one remedy: find a program that would force the virtual drive to refresh itself.

For example, running a game that requires me to insert a CD would refresh the drive and finally force Windows to realize that there's a piece of media in there. I've managed to simplify the process by just using the "Refresh" button on ClonyXXL, but this is annoying.

Since then I've uninstalled Alcohol 120, daemon and a shell-integration tool i use, and reinstalled daemon, but to no avail. The problem still persists.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thank you.

Check if auto insert notification (AIN) is enabled, easiest way is to check/change related setting in CloneCD.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I see no option for AIN in Daemon Tools. Also, I don't use CloneCD. I used Alcohol to image my CDs. However, that's uninstalled now to avoid any potential conflicts. Unfortunately that plan didn't work.

So for Daemon Tools, here are the options that I have selected:
      Lock DLL
      Automount
      Autostart
      Autolock
      Taskbar Icon

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

use google

There are other ways to enable Auto Insert Notification and drive type autorun. Those are not DAEMON Tools system tray icon options, but rather, Windows operating system settings. Try using google to find instructions on changing those settings in windows.

You mentioned uninstalling CloneCD, you could always reinstall it then make changes to your windows settings then uninstall it again.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

V4 will have AIN option in drive parameters options. :mrgreen:
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Operating System: windows XP Home SP2
            Burning Software: Alcohol 120%, Nero
            Anti-virus Software: AntiVir

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
            V4 will have AIN option in drive parameters options. :mrgreen:
            Each time you guys give some infos about this V4, it becomes more interesting :mrgreen:
            DT & AS Customer. AS Support Team Member.

Comment

Oooh

well now that sounds promising. Well I've tried the above suggestions, still no luck. I'll just grin and bear it till the next release. Thanks anyway, everyone.

Comment

If you performed all the steps to change AIN and drive type autorun correctly then DAEMON Tools may not be a fix for you.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Operating System: Win XP SP2 plus all pre-SP3 patches
                  Burning Software: Nero 7, ISO Recorder 2 by Alex Feinman
                  Anti-virus Software: Symantec AV 10

With the above configuration, along with running Windows update 5 until July, then v6 *and* running Microsoft update, *nothing* has stopped DTs from working on my system. I also had Alcohol installed previously (I only reformatted in late July, and again in Early September when I made my own install CD using nLite) and have yet to have any problems with DT itself.

The only problem I have run into is that, using the MountDaemon2 add-on, is that it tells me that it is unable to auto-run .ISO files (*every* one I created with UltraISO, to be exact) but has no problem with my MDS/MDF, NRG and ISOs made from ISO recorder 2 by Alex Feinman.

I wonder if there is something else going on here as well....
                  http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X