• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 25038 (0x61CE), 0 (0x0)

Operating System: Windows XP sp2
    Burning Software: DVD Decrypter V 3.5.1.0
    Anti-virus Software: NOD32 V 2.5
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47.0

I have been using Daemon tools for quite some time without any problem. Recently I tried to install a new version of a program. The install worked but the program did not. So I uninstaled the program all together. Somehow the drve letters on my partician as well as all my sd card reader and such changed. I had to changet the drive letters in all of my programs and Deamon gave me an error message the first time I re-booted after the install failed. So I downloaded the installer thinking I could repair it. I chose repair and it went part way through the process but gave me an error. So I tried to un-install and it came up with the same error. I folowed the instuctions on here about manual un-install and still the same problem. Please help I love Daemon tools. The error that I always get is "Error 25038 (0x61CE), 0 (0x0)"

Operating System: WinXP SP2 with all current pre-SP3 patches
    Burning Software: Nero and ISO recorder 2
    Anti-virus Software: SAV 10
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Shot in the dark, here, but is DT the *only* thing giving you problems?

It sounds like you really fsckd yer computer up there a bit, and I'd check to make sure all else is working first. If DT *is* the only problem left, then by all means get it fixed - but if there are other problems, get to work on those first - b/c a program that changes partition drive letter assignments upon uninstallation is ***NOT*** a good thing at all.
    http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

Re: Error 25038 (0x61CE), 0 (0x0)

Sorry to hear about your windows troubles. I'd run "SFC /SCANNOW" (on the command line without the quotes) to be sure basic drivers and files are intact and not corrupt (have windows CD handy before running the command).

I suggest avoiding doing things like this but as a very last resort you can try the suggestions from these threads:

the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

eRROR CODE 25009

Operating System: Win XP
        Burning Software: Nero
        Anti-virus Software: Antivir
        DAEMON Tools Version: latest version

I had an old version of daemontools removed and got problems whit drivers so i did everything VeNoM386 posted .

Now i got a other problem whit the install

Divice setup error code 25009.

Everything else works fine.

Can someone help me plz

Comment

Dear Flashy, this post answers your question:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/viewtopic.php?p=22380
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

well i tried the above tips and took out the regestry keys but still no dice. Same problem. I really hope i dont have to re format just to fix daemon tools.

Comment

Re: Error 25038 (0x61CE), 0 (0x0)

Look again under HKCR\Installer (not just the Products section this time) and try running sysinternals filemon and regmon before you double click the daemon install .exe
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Follow all steps mentioned in thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum, reboot after the procedure, then try again.
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                X