Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord of the Rings!! Copy??

Hello there,

I have not been able to copy my cd of the game LordOfTheRings and have not been able to find any info on this title.......was wondering if anybody could help me if they have any info related to the game!!

A Question , Do you need a different cd-writer for Securom 4.8x because I have been able to copy older protection of Securom but not this one ????

Naim.

SecuROM 4.8x is uncopyable atm, i.e. no writer can write it perfectly. If you wanna create a backup try Alcohol, use SecuROM new v4.8x profile (i.e. with DPM) to create an image, write the image to cd-r with RMPS-option checked, then play with enabled RMPS-emulation of either Alcohol or Daemon Tools. Alternative is to mount the created image in either Alcoholґs or Daemon Toolsґ virtual drive(s).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Blindwrite will also give you a working copy
      Hell Hath No Fury Like ASPI Abused

Comment

For a step-by-step walkthrough for RMPS-copies have a look at the RMPS walkthrough in the Alcohol Support Forum.

sG
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by slydog
          As will CloneCD (usually) with twinpeak patching of the image.

Comment

Originally Posted by philamber
            Originally Posted by slydog
            As will CloneCD (usually) with twinpeak patching of the image.
            Ok, try your 'copies' on some Plextor or Toshiba.;-)

Comment

They'll play but not install, we know this.

Comment

Theyґll play ґtill protection is updated - then youґll have useless backup.

Comment

Hello Copytrooper - I respect your work as you know, but I don't want to talk in circles all day. It just seems that there are no more choices offered on this site anymore. It seems to be all about Alcohol and only Alcohol. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is some objectivity left, please don't be offended.

The Blindwrite method could have been waxed by now but it hasn't.
                  The Twinpeak method, similarly, but it hasn't.
                  I also abhor the blacklist treatment meted out to DT and just about every other VD on the street, I think it'll be targeted before the others. Fabrice reckons they won't touch their emu method - go figure.

I suspect, it's my opinion, that Alcohol SD2.8x backups may not work if Macrovision decides to check for an emulated pre-gap on an Alcohol SD2.8x backup. Iagree that Alcohol provides better support than any other app for SD2 killer burners (the two sheep variety - btw, we've discovered a second, so-called, three-sheep burner...both Toshibas). How much else emu is on an Alcohol SD2 backup is not clear; don't get me wrong, I very much admire Martin's work (he's possibly the easiest author to 'work' for).

I suspect that CloneCD SD2.8x backups using "Ignore" will probably survive. Maybe not; CloneCD only emulates the pre-gap and nothing else unless expressly chosen by the user.

I know that DiscJuggler SD2.8x backups will survive as this software does not emulate the pre-gap. A SD2 backup either works or it doesn't - no emu whatsoever.

Have a nice Sunday everyone and please be 8)

Comment

It just seems that there are no more choices offered on this site anymore. It seems to be all about Alcohol and only Alcohol. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is some objectivity left, please don't be offended.
                    There are alternatives, but have to realize that most ppl try the easiest way, and Alcohol is it atm. Other ways lead to working backup atm, too - but espacially the Twinpeaks method is very easy to detect, and it will for sure soon.

I suspect, it's my opinion, that Alcohol SD2.8x backups may not work if Macrovision decides to check for an emulated pre-gap on an Alcohol SD2.8x backup.
                    Donґt know why you bring up SD2 here, the Twinpeaks problem is related to copyprotections based on measurement of physical structure, but my Alcohol backups of SD2.80.010 work without any emulation. May be due to the hardware used to play though.
                    But any emulation can be blacklisted, and the blacklist can be workarounded the problem with Twinpeaks method for e.g. SecuROM is, that it can not be changed anymore. And if you or CloneCD come up with a better idea to create backups of SecuROM 4.8x, Starforce or ProctecCD5 feel free to mention them - I always like to learn new things

Comment

"Copytrooper" wrote:

>
                      [...]
                      >

>Donґt know why you bring up SD2 here, the Twinpeaks problem is
                      >related to copyprotections based on measurement of physical structure

Yes, I know this, Andareed knows me by another name. I was speaking generally and digressed OT.

Alcohol trial versions are only good once and for 30 days. People may already own another application and can ill-afford another. Nobody asked Naim2003, who owns the thread, what app he used or indeed owned, let alone his burner brand and model.

Comment

@slydog: Why are you dragging me into this 'feud'?

Let's all try to get back on topic.

@Naim2003: As you see, there is no way to burn (currently) a real backup of securom 4.8x games. You can use RMPS, twinpeaks, or some other method. However, imo, I prefer using straight images. Many people (perhaps everyone who posted in this thread) have expressed that the days of burning are over, and that emulators and images will be the only way to run a backup.

But that is just my two cents...

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
                          @Naim2003: As you see, there is no way to burn (currently) a real backup of securom 4.8x games.
                          Regrettably all too true.

The question for you Naim2003 is how and on what systems you want to use your back-up.

Do you want a copy that doesn't require emulation to work but may not work on all of your drives or do you want one that will work on nearly every drive but which requires emulation to run?

If you want the former (btw, if you have either a Lite-on dvd or cdrw, the copy will almost certainly both install and run from that drive) then the twinpeak method is for you.

If the latter, then use alcohol with RMPS emulation. (Blindwrite can also produce emulation copies with its autoplay function but blindwrite is such a buggy and unreliable app, I couldn't seriously recommend using it to anyone.)

Comment

Working...
                          X