• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD when running daemon tools

Operating System: WinXP SP2
    Burning Software: Nero 6, cdrwin
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: daemon 3.47

Have you or are you running easy cd creator?
    Never

Problem: Running 'daemon.exe' causes BSOD
    Uninstalling daemon tools causes BSOD

This problem occured after I shutdown my laptop. When I reboot the laptop it crashes with the BSOD when logging in.

So, I rebooted in safe mode. For some reason when I run daemon.exe I get the BSOD. Knowing that daemon tools was auto-load, I had to either change it so it doesn't or uninstall it.

However, to change the settings I would have to load daemon tools, which rules that out. So what was left was to uninstall daemon tools. I did that but it gave me the BSOD before it finished.

Back to safe mode again, this time I just changed the "daemon.exe" file name so it doesn't auto-load when I boot up normally. This fixes the problem with the BSOD when I log into my laptop, but this means I can't use daemon tools at all.

I've tried to repair it with the installation files, but that did not help. I did noticed however that I still have a cd-rom emulation on from daemon tools with Sim2 iso mounted on it. Oddly enough I can run the emulated cd fine, but daemon tools is no where to be seen.

I do not have any other cd-rom emulations, therefore I can only assume this is daemon tool. So, I thought if I could turn off the emulation I could fix this BSOD. However, I don't know of any way of doing this without running daemon tools and getting the BSOD.

minidump

In the words of copytrooper:

Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to such crash [blue screen of death], send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.

Attach the minidump to the email using .rar format or uncompressed (not .ZIP).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Your system seems to crash inside FAT file system.
      I suggest first boot in safe mode and delete d347bus.sys driver.
      After that boot normally again, completely uninstall Daemon Tools from Control Panel and reboot.
      After this run Driver Verifier (verifier.exe) and try to test your system.

Comment

Working...
      X