• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i create an image to mount?

Operating System: windows xp
    Burning Software: i dont know, came with computer
    Anti-virus Software: ewido
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

i like running my games from my computer not from the disc. frees up my drives for other things. my friend made me an image for my sims 2 and sims 2 unniverity. but now she lives in london and im in kingman, az. she hasnt gotten the internet set up there yet but i got sims nightlife.

i saved all the info onto my computer from the first and second discs. how do i create an image of them so i play it using daemon tools?

all i know how to do is mount the image. i dont know how to use any of this stuff. can anyone help me?

When you say :
    i saved all the info onto my computer from the first and second discs. how do i create an image of them so i play it using daemon tools?
    do you mean "I made an image with a damn good tool like alcohol or blindwrite" ?
    or
    do you mean "I copied all the files on a folder on my comp"

(when I reread what you've written, I'd vote for the second possibility)
    If I'm right, you'll ganna have troubles. The Sims 2 is protected by I dunno what protection, but you need pieces of information that are on the CDs (or DVD) when you clone one... and this info needed is not copied with the files.

And as you don't have the originals in your hands... no one could help you (without being illegit)
    Carpe diem

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
      And as you don't have the originals in your hands... no one could help you (without being illegit)
      First and foremost, Kinlaadare, you should know we don't support people having images of games they don't possess. If we don't look out for that, this forum might be closed in a matter of days. So please don't answer threads you think are illegal!

Anyway, I didn't read anywhere that ritaevery doesn't have the original CDs anymore. So...:

rita, you cannot just copy the files from the CD to your computer, as Kinlaadare said, there's additional information on copy protected discs that's needed for the disc to be recognized; information that won't be copied if you just copy the files on the CD.

First, you need to find out which copy protection is used on the CDs. For that, download A-Ray Scanner and scan the CDs with it, it will tell you the copy protection and the exact version.

Then you'll need a program like Alcohol 120% that's specifically made to backup copy protected CDs. Please download it, insert your CD and click on "Image making wizard", then follow the instructions. In "profile", select the one that fits the copy protection A-Ray Scanner showed you and create an image.

That image should probably work with Sims 2 University. If not, please tell us exactly what copy protection was used, what settings you chose in Alcohol, and what error you get.

Hope this helps, good luck!

NetSoerfer
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
        Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
        First and foremost, Kinlaadare, you should know we don't support people having images of games they don't possess. If we don't look out for that, this forum might be closed in a matter of days. So please don't answer threads you think are illegal!
        I beg your pardon NetSoerfer. And yours too rita, I wasn't really awake :oops:
        On the other hands, i didn't even thought this was illegal. I just understood the CD/DVDs where in London.
        That's the meaning of the last sentance.
        Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
        X