Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will DT4 work on my system?

Hello all,

This may sound like a dumb question but will DT4 work on my system with Starforce Images.

I am placing this question because I am hating starforce and getting desperate, as it does NOT work on my system and the Gamestore refuses to refund my games or let me exchange them

I own 2 Starforce titles, which I have been unable to clone. No matter what I try. (One is Splintercell Chaos Theory)
    I tried the SFCure thingy with SF Nightmare, tried disabling my drives in the BIOS, physically but nothing works, even tried the Pizzahut clone, but this one doesn't work either. Either the protection system hangs during the CD/DVD check (even killing the process doesn't work, I need to reboot my pc!) if I disable nodes and CD and IDE channel 2 during startup. Nor does any other method.

My system:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
    Asus A7N8X (nForce 2)
    XFX Geforce 6800GT
    Creative Sb Audigy 2
    Lite-On DVD-ROM SOHD-16P9S
    Plextor DVD-/+RW PX-716A
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 200Gb 7200rpm 8Meg Cache
    Tagan TG480-U22 480Watt PSU

I have no SCSI drives or whatsoever and all other games work fine with SafeDisc 4 protection SecuROM 7 etc...

DT4 will emulate Starforce protection and it comes out this month according to the announcement, so don't worry. The wait is almost over. I feel your pain. I own a copy of Splinter Cell: CT and it doesn't always startup correctly. I'd love to have a backup of this disc since i have backups of all my stuff.

Comment

Yea, I think it's bad, finally you buy a game just because you think it earns to be bought, and then it just doesn't work because of the stupid copy protection and the store refuses to refund it.

This will be the last game protected by starforce I will ever buy!

Comment

Do your StarForce protected games run fine from the original discs?
        If they don't then it might be other things causing your problems in which case D-Tools will probably not help.
        Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Originally Posted by Kitna
          Do your StarForce protected games run fine from the original discs?
          If they don't then it might be other things causing your problems in which case D-Tools will probably not help.
          Yup they don't run from the original discs, and I am sure starforce is the problem.

All games with other copy protections like SafeDisc, SecuROM etc... run fine, so I am preying DT4 will solve my problem.

Comment

How should that work? If it doesn't work from original media, it won't work from image. You should contact game support, as it's their work to get you what you've paid for.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
              How should that work? If it doesn't work from original media, it won't work from image. You should contact game support, as it's their work to get you what you've paid for.
              I contacted both ubisoft, who only gave dumb responses and contacted Starfroce but there is still no solution yet. The thing is both games make a weird sound upon reading the CD just before it hangs, but I tried like 3 different DVD-ROMs.

Comment

the EULA might allow you to mail the receipt, CD and box back to the manufacturer for a full refund (minus shipping)
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Re: ...

Originally Posted by Ohio813
                  the EULA might allow you to mail the receipt, CD and box back to the manufacturer for a full refund (minus shipping)
                  Hmm, thank you for that information, then I am definately gonna send it back to Ubisoft as the game is useless to me... :?

Comment

Yeah your welcome, check that little agreement they make you read when you install it. For example, my tribes vengeance CD pops up a license with such a return policy.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper

Actually i baught the prince of persia sands of time and it installed all fine but when i started the game the screen turned black and then quited the game... I made an image of the disc (with DT 3.47) and then the game ran fine!!........its worth a shot

(there was no physical dammage to the disc) :evil: +:?:+DT =

Comment

Originally Posted by Blodrumpe
                        I made an image of the disc (with DT 3.47) and then the game ran fine!!
                        I find this a little confusing as Daemon Tools 3.47 can't create images.
                        Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Originally Posted by olger901
                          I contacted both ubisoft, who only gave dumb responses and contacted Starfroce but there is still no solution yet. The thing is both games make a weird sound upon reading the CD just before it hangs, but I tried like 3 different DVD-ROMs.
                          just a small question, do you actually have a DVD-rom player? because you tried 3 different DVD's and none worked and gave strange noises!
                          A women is like a hurricane, it start wet and heavy and when it's over you've lost your house

Comment

Working...
                          X