Matlab Version 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matlab Version 7

I've been trying to run my Matlab disk using DAEMON. I've read through quite a few of the threads and I think I'm doing everything right, but it still won't work. I scanned the disk using A-Ray and it told me:
    [15:12:24 PM] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 2/3.
    I right clicked on Virtual DAEMON Manager and selected the Safedisk emulation option. I tried to make an image using Alcohol 120 using the Image Making Wizard. I selected the Safedisk 2/3 option and the disk copies. I'm not sure if this is normal but I get a lot of disk read errors (400-500 of them). I mounted the image in the DAEMON drive, renamed the drive to D:, and installed the program. It installs fine with no errors. Once it is done installing it tries to start the program. But it is still asking for the run disk. I'm new to all this emulation stuff, and would appreciate any help you could give me

Thanks

Well, considering all the information you gave it seems like you've done everything right. So my guess would be that there is some blacklist recognizing Daemon Tools (or some other program such as Alcohol, CloneCD etc). Do you have any other software of that kind installed? Please also tell us which versions of any such software you have.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I have the following copying applications installed:

CloneCd Version 5.2.6.1
      Alcohol 120% Version 1.9.5 build 3105
      Blindwrite 5.2.12.146
      Nero Express 6 Version 6.3.1.4
      DVDDecrypter
      DVD Shrink

However, I can't imagine the last two are interfering.

Comment

I've been playing around and I noticed that even though I've changed the drive names and installed off of the copy Matlab is still looking in the CD drive. I can run the application if the original disk is in the CD drive, but if I remove it I get the error message "Please insert the Matlab CD.....". Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

some guesses

I'm just guessing here.

Try changing the image reading options(maybe enable DPM even though it shouldn't be needed) or making an image with BlindWrite? You can renable the two DAEMON Tools driver names when installing DAEMON Tools, that sometimes (though rarely) will help with blacklisting issues.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Try slowing your read speed down. I'd suggest 4x to be safe.
            It is probably worth setting the "Number of retries before reading error" to 3 or more in Alcohol's read options. This should ensure that you are not skipping too many errors like scratches, fingerprints & dust.
            Bear in mind this will increase the read time but should help create a good image.
            Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

No matter what I do sectors 900-10000 have alot of read errors. I'm sure these sectors are where the copy protection is. Are there any other programs that might be able to copy this disk? Everyone at our college seems to be trying to copy this one.

Comment

QuickMount found in the Download...3rd Party Addons section of this website has an option to keep DAEMON Tools from being detected (aka blacklist fix). After running the program right click the tray icon, 'Anti-Black' is the name of the middle option. Click it. When you uncheck a checkbox the program hides that entry. So obviously, unchecking everything would mean fullest possible hiding from games seeking to discover the existence of virtual drives/virtual SCSI controllers. And of course there's the 'Grant all permissions' button which turns off the 'Anti-Black' functionality.

So, see if QuickMount lets you run from the virtual drive. Also you can wait until the end of October for daemon tools v4 and see if Matlab works with that -- which would also indicate a v3.47 blacklist.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I'm missing the exact Safedisc version - what gives A-Rays 'Scan Directory' on this?

Comment

Working...
                  X