Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mess up Daemon-Tools with Anti-Blaxx? FIXED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess up Daemon-Tools with Anti-Blaxx? FIXED!

Operating System: Tested on XP, don\\\'t know about others.
    Burning Software: N/A
    Anti-virus Software: N/A
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47 ONLY!

So, recently a little German program came out called Anti-Blaxx...well...secretly, when you're not looking, it really fucks up Daemon-Tools. Since there isn't a guide to fix it...allow me to write one! Since I HATE HATE HATE with a burning passion when there's no guide, I assume many of you are feelin' the hate for this damn program (Anti-Blaxx, not DT!)

Written on an XP, designed for other people with XP.

1) Remove Anti-Blaxx off your comp.
    * This part's easy, just uninstall it. Add/Remove Programs -> Uninstall. Hopefully, V4 will include blacklisting alt. so people won't have to install crap like this.

2) Restart
    * Start, shutdown, restart...

3) Remove Daemon Tools off your computer
    * Easier than it sounds, Add/Remove Programs -> Daemon Tools

4) Restart once more!
    * Get used to this step...

5) Back into Windows, go to Device Manager...
    * Start -> Run -> devmgmt.msc

6) Go down to SCSI and RAID controllers
    * near the bottom, can't miss it.

7) See that nasty bugger that starts out D347....

8) Right click -> Uninstall

9) DO

10) NOT

11) RESTART

12) YOUR

13) COMPUTER

14) Now, run down to System Devices...

15) Find PnP BIOS Extension...

16) Right Click! Uninstall!

17) Make sure everything so far is the same way it was with me...go to CD/DVD Drives (near the top) and make sure that no DVD-ROM Generics are in there, that's a sign of Daemon Tools and should go away when you deinstall the SCSI devices.

18) If you don't uninstall the PnP BIOS extension, the SCSI device will come back, then the virtual drives you had set with Daemon Tools before you ran Anti-Blaxx will come back too. So make sure you do 15 and 16. Jesus, that part is important, don't forget it.

19) Double check. Seriously, make 100% sure you did everything right up until now.

20) Now, carefully, restart...

21) Run over to /WINDOWS/system32/drivers/

22) look for d347 (or whatever you named your Daemon-Tools drivers upon last install) and DELETE. Usually, it's d347prtbus.sys and another d347 driver by default. Delete all d347???.sys in there. Anything that starts with d347. Clear?

23) Restart. Clears XP driver cache.

24) OK, now download and install Daemon-Tools, but at the spot where it asks you to name the drivers, go ahead and add a 1 at the end of the default driver name.

25) Follow the install (restart basically), and check it out, working Daemon-Tools! Exit it and open it a few times, no messed up errors or anything, enjoy.

This guide, blah blah blah, I don't accept responsibility for any stupidity that may (will) come from idiots trying stuff and messing around. It worked for me, I hope it does for you too, if it doesn't, I don't care/want to hear about it.

PS - great work dt dev team, I eagerly look forward to v4!

[/djstriker91]

Feedback anyone?

Comment

I've never used Anti-Blaxx, so I cannot give you any feedback on this.

Still, thanks for writing this guide! Such help is always appreciated.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Well, would be good to use the save and restore function before un-installing Anti-Blaxx.
        Also check their hp and forum for help (if this thread didn't help). We do NOT support this "tool"!
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

There is only a BIG (to my point of view) problem with their forum : it's German only (at least last time I went on it)... and I cannot speak German nor I cannot read it...
          Carpe diem

Comment

There was also English forum in the Anti-Blaxx support section last time I was there?
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Maybe... and I don't really mind :P (used that tool once, and didn't run... so...)
              Carpe diem

Comment

Re:

Operating System: XP Pro
                Burning Software: Tons, want one?
                Anti-virus Software: None, I am careful (Just Trend Online Scans)
                DAEMON Tools Version: 3.4.7

Luckily I have not had any problems using Anti-Blaxx with Daemon-Tools 3.47 atm, but if I should end up having any problems, thanks for posting about it as it would be good to know how to fix it
                No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

thanks

Operating System: xp corporate
                  Burning Software: nero
                  Anti-virus Software: Mcafee
                  DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Thank You djstriker .
                  I Did not Know What to do,when daemon tools fucked up,i love the program and use it all the time,i went through the steps that you posted and it fix daemon tools for me .again thank you Djstriker91.Brad...[/u]

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
                    Burning Software: Nero 6.6.0.14
                    Anti-virus Software: Antivir Personal Clasic 6

Didn't work ... error code 25009(0x61B1) -536870389 (0xE000020B)
                    人は地獄を作った

Comment

Thx!!

Operating System: pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
                      Burning Software: Nero
                      Anti-virus Software: Norton anti virus 2005
                      DAEMON Tools Version: v3.47

:idea: I just wanted to say: "Thanks!"
                      :idea: I did what you wrote and now i have my deamon back!!!
                      :idea: I love this software and I love you for helping me!

:idea: Thx again!
                      :idea: @mi

Comment

THX djstriker91

Operating System: XP
                        Burning Software: Alcohol 120%
                        Anti-virus Software: AntiVir 6.0

THX djstriker91 i had uninstalled Daemon Tools bevor, but it also now have been succesfully uninstalled, and now be reinstalled.

Expecting another nice version of D-Tools

Comment

Operating System: Windows xp pro
                          Burning Software: alcohol 120 1.9.5.3105
                          Anti-virus Software: none

SR7.Stop is a good alternative to even installing anti-blaxx in the first place

Comment

Used Anti-Blaxx 1.6 patched recently, didn't notice anything strange happening with daemon after I used it in corelation with antiblaxx, what are the symptoms?
                            The last of the best, the death of the rest. Hitman Forever...

Comment

Usually what happens is that D-Tools won't run at all. If Anti-Blaxx works for you, congrats, you're in the select few.

I'm glad to see this is helping plenty of people (over 3,000 views on this thread!) and hope that people won't use Anti-Blaxx or any non-auth'd 3rd party app with D-Tools in the future

Comment

Working...
                              X