Other driver issues resolved when uninstalling DT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other driver issues resolved when uninstalling DT

Operating System: windowsXP home edition service pack2 all updates installed
    Burning Software: vanilla flavoured integrated windows XP burning facility
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: DT v347

OK....All my hardware is brand new.

asus A8V-E Deluxe

64bit athlon 3500+

2x512MB pc3200 kingston (dual channel)

Geforce 6600gt 256mb

colorit 550w psu

160gb maxtor6L160mo sata harddrive on primary sata channel

Benq dvdrom16x

NEC DVDrw ND3540A

using realtek drivers(latest) for onboard 850 sound

marvell gigabit onboard lan

this is what happened......

on a fresh install of windows, everything was cool....installed DT 347...cool for the first reboot, and the second.....then the sound from the onboard soundcard started getting choppy. then the occasional 3second freeze, followed by regaining full control of pc and functions. the freeze wasnt random and tied in with the sound card and hard disk access being performed at the same time. i uninstalled the sound driver and tried the pc without it....no freezing. well its not right without sound so i reinstalled the sound driver and the problem came back. sometimes after a reboot or shortly after, the mouse movement became choppy and this wouldnt go away until i rebooted several times. what i found odd was that the system was stable otherwise. eventually i uninstalled DT347 and i've no probs whatsoever. dunno why this is tho. happy hunting, hope this helps

Operating System: XP
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: NOD32
    DAEMON Tools Version: v3.47

eventually i uninstalled DT347 and i've no probs whatsoever. dunno why this is tho.
    Naturally, Daemon-Tools was running while these problems came up right? My guess is a faulty motherboard, I don't see how uninstalling Daemon-Tools would clear it up. Since you uninstalled, you've had NO problems?

Comment

UMMMMMM.....

Actuallly....

thanx for replying to my post! i am still having difficulties with my pc. everything was cool till later on this evening but the problems have started again. i will let the shop check out the pc on monday....

Comment

Working...
      X