• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after install, my computer wont get passed the user log on screen

Operating System: win xp sp2
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

im not sure if this is and error everyone knows about and i just dont know the fault number or something, but i recently got my new laptop, and installed daemon tools, and it restarted the computer and instaled fine, but then when it got to the log on page, (that blue one where you have the little icons for each user in case im being cryptic) and tried to log in all that would happen is it would first say logging in to *** then instantly change to saving settings and logging off, logging on with an admin account and guest have no different effect, and i was wondering if i have installed it wrong, the same problem happens if i load in safe mode too, any help would be very useful, since i use daemon tools a lot, and have never had problems with it before

Boot with your Windows cd into recovery console, change dir (cd) to system32\drivers folder and delete/rename Daemon Tools driver files, reboot into "normal" Windows mode, remove Daemon Tools either by control panel -> software (recommended), or via manual removal procedure mentioned in thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum, reboot after that.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thank you so much, i thought i had totaly messed up already! if i install it again though, what is it i did wrong, i assume i must have installed it using some driver or something that is allready being used, but i dont really know anything about these things, is there a post that explains this, i've looked but im not sure what im looking for

thanks again

Comment

Operating System: Win XP SP2 with all pre-SP3 patches
        Burning Software: Nero 7 and ISORecorder v2B2
        Anti-virus Software: NOD32 with SAV 10 backup
        DAEMON Tools Version: The latest as soon as I see it available

I wonder if this is related to the fact that some people might be changing the names of the drivers used during the install? I always leave them at default - and I don't recall ever having problems with the installation....

*runs off to check all my ancient posts to see if I ever did*
        http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

No, the feature of renamed drivers during install shouldn't cause such problems.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
          X