• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having issues reading mounted images

Operating System: XP w/ SP2 w/ lates windows updates 10/12/05
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: NAV 05
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

ok, here is the situation, i decided to format my computer a few nights ago and loaded up windows and installed daemon tools and used it to install a few programs w/o any issues....then I run windows update and update everything...then i go back trying to install my games...the image mounts but doesn't autorun, so i start it manual, and it gets reading errors from the disc .... so i'm thinking thats weird....maybe it was a bad install, uninstall, redownloaded it and installed it again and same thing....after reading the forums and trying some of the stuff...i got frustrated and went ahead and formatted again....so after I did that, I forgot to try daemon tools first before i ran windows update....and this time I only had daemon tools installed, no cdrw soft or virus protection and still the same prob...anyone know if any of the newest patches are causing a problem? Before I formatted the first time, daemon tools worked fine w/o any issues, but I didn't have the latest update then...

any ideas anyone? btw, system specs if needed:

P4-3.0ghz
    2gb ram
    2 120gb and a 200gb hdd
    ATI AIW 800XT
    Sony DVDRW DRU720

Maybe you just have a bad image file

Maybe you just have a bad image file.

What are they steps you took to make your disc image? Did you use BlindWrite or Alcohol?

You could try making a simple cd image in Nero with just a few files then pressing CTRL-R in nero, on the choose recorder dialog choosing 'Image recorder', then "burning" a .nrg image file so some folder on your hard disk. If you mount that and you've got read errors, then somethings wrong.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

i have different image files that i've made in the past and they have worked before, i doubt that would the problem...

Comment

think i just found the issue i'm having...

Comment

COM+ windir registration ACL permissions

Interesting. If you still have problems, come back and let us know.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
          X