Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PnP BIOS Extension -Can't remove - 100% CPU services.exe (Plug & Pray)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PnP BIOS Extension -Can't remove - 100% CPU services.exe (Plug & Pray)

Operating System: XP SP1
    Burning Software: Nero 7
    Anti-virus Software: NAV
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I tried to follow this good explanation Error 25002 but I can't do this step :

2. Open device manager (System devices section) and delete device with driver corresponding with Daemon driver (bus driver name). In current versions of Daemon Tools it is 'PnP BIOS Extension' but most likely it may change in next versions. Again, if you have some problems doing it, skip this step

If I skip it, I still have the device with the yellow mark...

I tried to disable my Plug&Play service to remove the key in registry but I can't...

All I wish, is to successfully remove this yellow mark...
    I can install DT3.47 with another driver name... but I have 2 PnP BIOS Extension and the first one has the yellow mark...

I can install DT3.47 with the same driver name... and the yellow mark disappear... but I can't uninstall properly DT (normal uninstall or following the above explanation)

Each time my system tries to remove the PnP BIOS Extension, the services.exe takes 100% CPU time indefinitely, till I force reboot

Any hints ? :idea:

Regards,

Whiler :cry:

Leave the services alone i had that problem once and solved it by just deleting the corresponding 000x key(s) (check the service name there, should be DT driver name - better not delete the wrong thingy!!) under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\R oot\SYSTEM ... give it a shot, you might need to rite-click and enable all permissions. Worked fine for me, on XP SP2 though. Probably also kill corresponding entries with the ControlSet<NUMBER> keys there, if you don't want to use different driver names.

Comment

i
      Originally Posted by ,jACkdA\W
      you might need to rite-click and enable all permissions.
      Thanks !!! Works fine.. I didn't know we can mange rights in registry ;o))
      :mrgreen:

Comment

same problem here

P4 2.8
        Operating System: XP SP2
        Burning Software: Sonic
        Anti-virus Software: na
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Originally Posted by ,jACkdA\W
        Leave the services alone i had that problem once and solved it by just deleting the corresponding 000x key(s) (check the service name there, should be DT driver name - better not delete the wrong thingy!!) under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\R oot\SYSTEM ... give it a shot, you might need to rite-click and enable all permissions. Worked fine for me, on XP SP2 though. Probably also kill corresponding entries with the ControlSet<NUMBER> keys there, if you don't want to use different driver names.
        I'm having the same problem. Now I'm trying to uninstall and I don't see anything with DT in that reg folder. I also can't get rid of the pnp bios extension. After starting the install, it says its "now resuming the installation" and all I can choose is "finish" then the same error comes up and I can't change the driver name. What am I not doing to uninstall it.

1. I deleted the d347bus and d347prt folders in the reg.
        2. didn't find the d-tools key
        3. I can't delete the pnp BIOS extension
        4. didn't find anything pertaining to DT in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\R oot\SYSTEM
        5.I have an external (firewire) drive that comes up as drv G:. When I turn it off the install says invalid drive letter G: I thought maybe theres a conflict there.
        6. At one point I was able to change the driver names to d349bus and d349prt. I instantly got the blue BSOD.

I'm not getting anywhere...can you help?
        Thanks

Comment

Error 25002 (invalid driver names or driver conflict), or how to remove Daemon Tools

csbarn, the steps for performing a manual uninstall are listed here:
          Error 25002 (invalid driver names or driver conflict), or how to remove Daemon Tools drivers

p.s. create a new thread next time
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I saw this post already and tried what they suggest but it didn't work. I couldn't delete the pnp BIOS extension. I'll try it again tomorrow. That is my work pc. The program is working fine here at home.

I didn't start a new post because it seems ppl get irritated for not finding previous posts. This post is my same issue. But I see what you're saying.

Sorry for that.

Comment

ok, i can't delete the 000X keys either - i can delete values in them, but not the keys themselves.. any idea why? and how can i fix that..

Comment

QQuxa, what version of DAEMON Tools are you trying to remove?
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

it's 3.47 i think, 3.4X anyway

Comment

Working...
                  X