X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disc read errors with daemon tools

Operating System: XP
    Burning Software: Nero, Burn4free
    Anti-virus Software: Sygate Personal Firewall, Spybot, Ad-Aware, S-T-I-N-G-E-R
    DAEMON Tools Version: Latest

This is probably a dumb question, but I did search all the faqs. When I installed daemon tools, I became unable to install any retail copies of games that I bought. It keeps getting disc read errors. I've tried installing multiple games and kept getting the problem, and most disturbingly, it persists even after I uninstalled D-Tools. What should I do?

Just a guess:

Maybe use another CD reader (maybe external) ... maybe your old CD drive is going bad?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Re: ...

Originally Posted by Underheaven
      Just a guess:

Maybe use another CD reader (maybe external) ... maybe your old CD drive is going bad?
      I read somewhere that emulation software can cause dvd/cd drives to go too fast and cause errors. is there a way I can slow it down?

Comment

I read somewhere that emulation software can cause dvd/cd drives to go too fast and cause errors
        This is real one of the best jokes I read today Seriously, I guess your CD-
        reader is broken or your discs are scratched, for sure Daemon Tools isn't the
        reason why you can't even read your original-CD's anymore - especially
        (as you mentioned yourself) it persists even after you removed DaemonTools,
        how should DaemonTools affect your CD-drives when it's not even installed??

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
          I read somewhere that emulation software can cause dvd/cd drives to go too fast and cause errors
          This is real one of the best jokes I read today Seriously, I guess your CD-
          reader is broken or your discs are scratched, for sure Daemon Tools isn't the
          reason why you can't even read your original-CD's anymore - especially
          (as you mentioned yourself) it persists even after you removed DaemonTools,
          how should DaemonTools affect your CD-drives when it's not even installed??
          Sigh...look. I'm figuring Daemon-Tools is the problem because I wasn't having trouble installing any cds before I started fooling around with it again. I remember having the exact same problem last time I used daemon tools, only it resolved itself after I uninstalled it. Except that this is a new version. Yes, maybe the CD is scratched, except that I told you that I've tried multiple CDs. And don't even try adn tell me my CD-reader is broken when it was working fine before I fooled with DT. I'm here just trying to ask a question man, no need to get bloody snarky about it. Especially when you're a bloody admin. Honestly, I'd expect better from a forum admin. :|

Comment

don't be hatefull, for good reasons I included a smilie in my last posting.
            We go now back and calm down - both of us! I apologize if you thought I
            was calling you a newbie - we are all newbies when it comes to different
            themes, right?

Let's try to figure out what caused the trouble with your CD-ROM.

Please first uninstall Daemon Tools completely, take a look to
            "Common Problems and Solutions" Forum, "Error 25002 or how to remove
            Daemon Drivers". Don't forget to reboot after you're through all the steps.

Did it solved your problem?

Comment

Also post a list of all drivers installed in device manager for your real and the virtual devices. There should be storprop.dll, cdrom.sys and redbook.sys - any additional filter drivers?
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

hey, sorry for not posting in a while. The problem was apparently a symptom of a much larger problem. I figured that it could have been, but I also like to touch all bases when I'm trying to fix a problem. It worked itself out...I'm assuming, as I'm no longer having the error. The rest of my computer however...yech. Better left unsaid.

Once again, thanks for the help, and I'm sorry I didn't reply faster.

Comment

Working...
                X