• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same old problem (crashes on install)

Operating System: Windows XP Media Center Edition
    Burning Software: DVD Decrypter
    Anti-virus Software: Avast!
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Same problem as I've seen posted a dozen times. I've done everything that has been recomended (no Starfish, removed other burning software, etc) but get nowhere. I have the same problem when trying to install Alcohol, so I guess my PC just hates virtual drives. That being said, I was wondering if the fact that my computer came with a restore partition (HP Pavilion) could be the problem. I have seen a screen pop up on the reboot that mentions the D drive (partition drive) having some sort of problem. Just a thought...what do you guys think? I've thought about just removing the partition, but if that's not causing it, I won't bother.

First, Alcohol basically uses DT for virtual drive, so whatever-it-is is by good chance related... second, what exactly is the problem? Third, what is that 'some sort of' problem message... you shouldn't get stuff like this (as i understand your words) on any clean and proper system. Please go into detail there.

Comment

Well I went ahead and deleted the partition, but that didn't change anything. What happens is it basically gets to the point when it's going to install the virtual drives and then just crashes. I've tried deleting pretty much everything that came with the computer (bloatware) and nothing seems to work. Are there any issues with Windows Media Center?

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP Media Center Edition
        Burning Software: Nero
        Anti-virus Software: Norton
        DAEMON Tools Version: 2.47

I have the same problem, also on an HP Pavilion.
        Someone mentioned in another thread that all the drives from the memory card slots might be the problem, so I disabled them, but still had the crash on install.
        Actually, d-tools was somewhat installed, and the virtual drive showed up, but the program wouldn't run, I got the no languages installed error.

Comment

Me Too!

Operating System: Windows XP Media Center

My problem is exactly the same except that I am using a Compaq Presario (I know it is still an HP). I got about 90% install and the PC rebooted. Tried to reinstall and got the conflicting driver message. Tried to run the program and got the no language message. Tried to uninstall, but D-Tools didn't show up on the list of installed programs. Followed the help file instructions for manual uninstall. Rebooted then tried to reinstall and I was back with the uncommanded reboot.

I have also look at the common problems and solutions section and none of those scenarios seem to fit me. I don't have the conflicting drivers that they list.

I now have two minidumps that I will pass on. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Comment

Bad crash on install

Operating System: Windows XP Media Center

I'm running HP Media Center too, and when I try to install DT, I get a crash so serious that I have to do windows restore after i reboot. has anybody solved the problem yet?

Comment

Deamon tools Cras bei instalation, windows Fehler

Operating System: Win XP SP2 + updates
              Anti-virus Software: Antivir
              DAEMON Tools Version: 347, 333

Sry this is german
              Just reinstall windows without Formating ure Hard drive

Ich habs Windows Neu Instalieren.

einfach nochmal neu drüber Dauert eine Halbe stunde und alle einstelleungen bleiben erhalten. Man muss nicht formatieren

Mir ist Deamon tools nach dem mounten eines image abgestürtzt und hat Windows gleich mitgesissen das system regiert nicht also musst ich die kiste abschalten und hinterher waren da einige dateien beschädigt und die neuinstalation schlug fehl. siehe oben.
              Windows versuch am ende so ab 95% ein DVD Rom laufwerk zu insatalieren findet aber keine treiben der installer von Ceamon Tools Bleibt hängen und wenn man wartet schaltet sich die kiste aus.

Ein Kopierschutz der Deamon Tools attakiert? Ein bug ?
              wie auch immer bei mir laüftzt jetzt.

Windows XP SP2 + updates
              AMD 2600+
              1024Ram
              ASUS K7NX Deluxe
              1 Festplatta 1 DVD Rom laufwerk
              Deamon tools 347, 333 und Alcohol 120% das selbe problem

Comment

Working...
              X