SmartE, again (with Alcohol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmartE, again (with Alcohol)

I asked about this one in the German forum, but I thought most people here don't speak German, so I'll ask here too.

So, which settings are important for SmartE protected CDs? I know one has to ignore read errors while making an image. But:

1) Is DPM extraction needed?
    2) Sub-channel data?
    3) When recording, is an EFM writer needed? (two or three-sheep burner?)

(The game in question is "Fable - The Lost Chapters", if that matters.) [Nice rhyme there...]
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

to make a working image with alcohol use the safedisc2/3 profile but also select "extract subchanel data" when reading. (the sub may not be needed but it does not hurt to have it)

no dpm is not needed and probably wouldn't extract anything anyway.

anyway use that because it works, that's what i use for dungeon siege series which use that protection. (ds 1, ds1.5 and the new ds2)

Comment

For the best results use the standard SafeDisc profile. (Smarte has no weak sectors).
      It is best to disable "fast skip error blocks" but still allow it to skip reading errors. (Many people report non-working copies with this ticked)
      Smarte also uses no subchannel info so we don't need that either.

Enjoy
      Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Thanks, folks. I've made a new image (ignore errors, no fast skip, no sub, no dpm) and will play with it mounted from now on. If anything funky comes up (SmartE checks the disc while playing, not only when the game is launched), I'll post an update.
        To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Working...
        X