Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC reboots while installing

Hello!
    Can you please help me ? I've read all the common problems about daemon tools and have also tried uninstaling it few times. I have deleted all the drivers manualy rebootet even tried to install the older version.
    When i try to install the program everything is working proparly, then suddenly my pc reboots. I managed to install the 3.46 but then i got an error about language. When i try to reinstall 3.47 i get the name conflict. Then i followed the steps of error 2005 and tried to install it again and the same thing happens ...
    What should i do ?
    Tnx for helping.

Post in the correct forum.
    Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that BSOD, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Do NOT re-install before the problem is solved!
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I've sollved the problem... I have a card reader this means extra 5 drives. And when i tried to install daemon tools there was a problem with the drives name... so i went to hardware manager and disabled 5 drives then deleted all previous daemon tools drivers rebooted and tried again. It worked. Then i enabled the card drives again and everything is working ok now. Anyways tnx for help.

Comment

thanks for your report!

Comment

Operating System: XP Media center
          Burning Software: Nero 6.6 (w/o Image drive---Nero Image drive caused reboot also)
          Anti-virus Software: AVG 7.0.344
          DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
          thanks for your report!
          Thanks from me too--the OP's tip resolved the reboot while install for me also.(I've been gratefully using DT on my old PC for years without any problems. The trouble started when I got a new PC with all these built-in card readers.)

What is the highest drive letter Daemon Tools will accept? For me, it installed as G, but rebooted the machine when I tried to install it as M.

Looking forward to DT 4.0. :-)

Gary

Comment

The drive letter assignment is done by Windows, not Daemon Tools, so everything up to Z is "acceptable", although it MUST NOT crash if you change the drive letter.

Comment

Similar problem here.

Operating System: Windows XP Home
              Burning Software: Nero 7 Ultra
              Anti-virus Software: Avast! 4.6 Home Edition
              DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Argh! Issues, issues. Here's my problem.

Got a new computer, one SATA HDD and one IDE HDD. Problems were encountered when installing the latest Daemon. What was the problem? My computer reboots upon installation. Luckily, I have restore points set up so I can just move back.

So I read the posts here, and I've tried disabling all drives (I have a total of 5. The SATA is partitioned into a main drive, and a recovery drive, the IDE hard drive, and a CD-ROM and DVD-RW.), but yet it STILL crashes!

I suspect it's the partition on my main drive, but as it's part of the hard drive itself, I'm not sure exactly what to do about it.

Can anyone give me a hand here? Thanks!
              Sa...omai shidai da na.

Comment

Please wait for next version, seems some SATA drivers behave a little dirty with scsiport.sys, thus causing the crash during installation.
                If you've minidump related to that crash (in Windows\Minidump folder) send it to support@daemon-tools.cc for analysis (with reference to your post in this thread).

Comment

Operating System: .
                  Burning Software: .
                  Anti-virus Software: .
                  DAEMON Tools Version: .

You could try making sure you have the latest version of the drivers for your motherboard (and SATA controller if not integrated to the chipset).

Comment

Thanks. It's good to know that it's being worked on for next version. I look forward to it.

In the meantime though, I do have updated drivers.

I also tested out Alcohol 120%, and sure enough, it rebooted during installation too. Just future reference for those who want to try Alcohol as well.

I just have a lot of .bin/.cue files that need to be utilized since I got my new computer.

(Quick edit)

Anyone know what I can use until then, if I can't use Daemon or Alcohol? I'm perfectly fine with waiting, there's just a couple of crucial utilities that are .iso/.bin/.cue/.img sitting on hard drive that need to be installed ASAP. In the meantime, thanks for the replies!
                    Last edited by Sizu; 21.10.2005, 23:50.
                    Sa...omai shidai da na.

Comment

Some people on the Alcohol support forum have reported that temporarily renaming their scsiport.sys, installing Alcohol/DT and then renaming the file back works. You could give that a try. Keep in mind that there is no guarantee it won't mess up your computer. I have not tested or verified that this works. Simply reporting what some users have posted.

Comment

Failure! Sizu's report.

I just tried to rename scsiport.sys and install Daemon, however it still crashed. After it rebooted, I checked scsiport.sys (which was renamed to scsiport.sys.old temporarily by me), it had reverted back to it's original file name.

I did some quick research, and apparently, this is some sort of system file protection thing going on. After restoring to a Restore Point I had created earlier, I'm back at square one.

Just FYI, when I bought this computer, it came with one SATA, but with TWO partitions. The second one is LOCKED, and it contains system restore information. After I reboot from a failed Daemon installation, it tells me to check that drive for file consistency. Maybe that's a clue for something?

Hopefully, Daemon 4 will fix this issue soon!
                        Sa...omai shidai da na.

Comment

Working...
                        X