X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing Happens

Operating System: win xp pro
    Burning Software: never installed it when i built this comp
    Anti-virus Software: Zone Alarm firewall, xp firewall(for what little its worth)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When i use my virt drive, nothing happens, it trys, my cpu fans rpm goes up, then nothing happens...wtf...

help me...

???

could it be that my cpu cant run it? i mean, isnt fast enough?...
    i cant imagine..athlon 64 should do it...um..yea...i dont know...

Comment

i dont know...
      all emulation is set on....theres nothing wrong with what i got mounted on the drive...(my friend is currently using the exact same one, his works)...and i dont know...

Comment

Operating System: Window XP Pro
        Burning Software: Alcohol, DVDdecryptor, Nero
        Anti-virus Software: Norton

The current version of daemon tools doesn't work in a 64 bit envrionment, that will change when v4 is released. If you have a 64 bit chip, your computer most likely came with windows x64. You could install windows 32bit version and dual boot windows if you need it that badly.
        Check this out http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...pic.php?t=3720

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
          Burning Software: NERO
          Anti-virus Software: NONE

Originally Posted by estimablesir
          The current version of daemon tools doesn't work in a 64 bit envrionment, that will change when v4 is released. If you have a 64 bit chip, your computer most likely came with windows x64. You could install windows 32bit version and dual boot windows if you need it that badly.
          Check this out http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...pic.php?t=3720
          Chances are very high that it didn't come with the 64 bit edition of windows cause as of right now I don't any presetups that do.(if you know of any please send me a link cause I got a friend who's interested in a setup that way and doesn't want do it himself) There are many Athlon 64's out there that only came with windows XP Pro in store.

May i suggest to the original poster that they check the drive under "My Computer" manually and see if it really did load the virtual file. There are planty of cases where autoplaying a cd or image won't work if windows isn't set up that way.

Keep in mind I'm not insulting your intelligence if you already checked this and are an expert windows user, I'm just making sure we round out the simple problems first.

Comment

Originally Posted by estimablesir
            Chances are very high that it didn't come with the 64 bit edition of windows cause as of right now I don't any presetups that do.(if you know of any please send me a link cause I got a friend who's interested in a setup that way and doesn't want do it himself) There are many Athlon 64's out there that only came with windows XP Pro in store[s].
            I think all Dell Precision Workstations (not Precision notebooks) use 64-bit dual or single-core Intel chips.

goto
            http: // www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/solutions/en/why_precision

at the bottom of the page is a green button that says choose Dell Precision Workstation
            __________________________________________________ ____________________
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

thanks underheaven gonna pass this info along.

Comment

You're welcome

... p.s. I can't wait to get a new processor and graphics card. I'm definitely going to choose a 64-bit Intel chip (and I'll build it myself).
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

you're right, there aren't any presetups i could find. I'll be damned. :lol: Maybe your friend might be able to call a place like cdw and ask that they specifically install x64 rather than 32. I've built all my machines from scratch so I'm out of touch with prebuilt stuff. I guess i assumed they would include x64 with a computer that's capable, oh well go figure.

Comment

Windows 64 bit and Dell

Windows 64 bit is indeed sold as a preconfigured operating system on the Dell website, that's what I meant to say above. Here's another Dell link:

http: //www.dell.com/64bit/

It seems that Dell website links don't last too long, however here's a page with about 5 different systems side by side (the 2 notebooks on the right aren't important):

http: //www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/workstations?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

wow, thanks

about 20 minutes after posting my message i found the forum page dealing witht he 64 bit part, thanks for all the input anyway

but a few things left...

first...id kill myself if i bought a dell....who the **** seriously buys computers, other then laptops...honestly...theres just no good reason...

2nd, whoever it was who said "not insulting intelligence"...was very close to it naw, not really, but i had tried that and everything else i could think of...oddly, acohol didnt work either...probly the same reason...havnt looked into it, cuz DT is soo much better..cept maybe the name, hard to beat alcohol....
                      .......blue screens are fun.........

Comment

ONE LAST THING

whats all this talk of intel....

AMD IS BETTER...unless your getting employee discount or somthing...heh

Comment

Working...
                        X