Invalid Device Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid Device Error

I've had Daemon Tools installed for over a year now and was working fine until I recently installed Nero 7 Ultra Edition and updated my Creative Audigy2 drivers and software. Now I'm getting the Invalid Device error twice (for the two images I had mounted from before) when Daemon tries to run at startup or when I try to run it from the shortcut. Are there known issues with Nero or Creative? Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Win XP Pro
    Daemon Tools 3.47
    Nero 7 Ultra; Alcohol 120%; DeepBurner
    Last edited by Huntress; 22.10.2005, 22:23.

Have you tried simply uninstalling and reinstalling Daemon Tools?

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
      Have you tried simply uninstalling and reinstalling Daemon Tools?
      Twice. I got the following errors: "Device setup error: Code 25040 (0x61D0), 80 (0x50) Contact your support personnel."

The second time the error was the same with the exception of (0x61D1).

Comment

Re: device set-up error: code 25040 (0x61D0), 80 (0x50). Contact your support personn

Thanks for posting your exact error message. Here's an explanation (found by using the forum search feature on term '25040' without quotes). I hope it sheds some light on the subject.

http://www2.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/sho...7522#post17522

if the above link fails replace www2 with www
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
          Thanks for posting your exact error message. Here's an explanation (found by using the forum search feature on term '25040' without quotes). I hope it sheds some light on the subject.

http://www2.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/sho...7522#post17522

if the above link fails replace www2 with www
          Unfortunately, that doesn't apply in this case. Permissions aren't an issue and the darn thing ran just fine for a year before this.

Comment

Working...
          X