Windows wont start after innstall..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows wont start after innstall..

edit: I have now innstalled 3.46 sucsessfully.. Is it worth taking the risk innstalling 3.47?? If I innstalled 3.46 without problems, will 3.47 be innstalled without any problems?? And is 3.47 so much better than 3.46 that I have to innstall it?
    Im not taking any risks :P

Last time I downloaded and innstalled daemon347.exe, Windows shut down immediately after innstall.
    My PC would'nt boot (When Windows XP Was loading the screen turned black.. and the PC was still on..))and I had to format the harddrive. And I lost alot of Important files.

And now, I have to innstall it again, but I dont dare....

Should I burn a CD with the files I want to keep and so _take the risk_ and innstall Daemon tools or??

If my PC crashed last time, will it do this time? What can I do so it wont crash?

sry 4 my english.. plz dont referer to another post.. All the post I have readed is to complicated to me :P
    Last edited by Tecfan; 23.10.2005, 13:04.

I would recommend that you burn all your important files to CD or but them onto a DVD or a portable Harddrive, cause u gotta be pretty pissed off if it happened again!!

I also had the same problem then i had 2 format then wen i installed a old version then the new one it worked great

email us if u need any help: WRX_DEMON@hotmail.com
    Last edited by wrx_demon; 22.10.2005, 23:48.

Comment

Originally Posted by wrx_demon
      I would recommend that you burn all your important files to CD or but them onto a DVD or a portable Harddrive, cause u gotta be pretty pissed off if it happened again!!

I also had the same problem then i had 2 format then wen i installed a old version then the new one it worked great

email us if u need any help: WRX_DEMON@hotmail.com
      U saying that I should burn a cd, innstall a old version and then 3.47?

Comment

The vast majority of users do not have problems. You see a larger percentage of them here for obvious reasons. Most likely there was a conflict with some other driver installed at the time. One of the most common conflicts is with Starforce protection drivers. If you have any Starforce protected games, it's highly recommended you either uninstall them first or make sure they're up-to-date.

Comment

Re: windows won't start after install ...

Sorry to read about your problems.
          Originally Posted by Tecfan
          My PC would'nt boot
          What do you mean by that? Did you get any error messages? Are you aware you can use the recovery console to delete problematic drivers from %systemroot%\system32\drivers\ ?
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
            Sorry to read about your problems.What do you mean by that? Did you get any error messages? Are you aware you can use the recovery console to delete problematic drivers from %systemroot%\system32\drivers\ ?
            My PC would'nt boot (When Windows XP Was loading the screen turned black.. and the PC was still on..))

Comment

Try to use the recovery console. You can get it from your windows XP CD (boot with it for that)
              Carpe diem

Comment

I've had the same problem of windows locking on boot when using daemontools. Specifically, it will lock during XP boot if i leave an image mounted when I shut down. Unmounting all images before shutting down seems to prevent this, kinda weird.
                if your pc locks during windows boot, reset it and then on the next go around hit F8 right as windows starts to boot. Select 'boot with last known good settings'. or you can boot in safemode and say no when it asks if you want to load the daemontools driver

Comment

Where are the images located (local hdd, usb, firewire, etc.), and does it also hang if you disable automount?
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

The images I've used have all been on local hard drives. Haven't tried turning of automount yet

Comment

I know I had it also. The solution:?Make back-ups

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                        Where are the images located (local hdd, usb, firewire, etc.), and does it also hang if you disable automount?
                        I had no images loaded, I innstalled DT, restarted, and BOOM

Comment

Re: Windows won't start after install

I see that you originally posted about this almost 7 months ago. Is the problem still the same. You reformatted your drive and are afraid that installing DAEMON Tools will make it unbootable again? And so you are seeking answers in advance to avoid this situation? Are you using a replacement product or previous DAEMON Tools version in the meantime?
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I just answered the man :p
                            I have no problems now, I use V4.03HE

Comment

Working...
                            X