23.10.2005, 07:12
hello,
just a little question :

can you make a french section in your foreign languages forum's

Thanks !

Kinlaadare
23.10.2005, 10:51
Is it really necessary?
They'll need to have at least a French speaking modo...

john_matrix
23.10.2005, 13:03
Yes, ça serait cool une section française :)

Kinlaadare
23.10.2005, 19:39
Yes, зa serait cool une section franзaise :)

English only here John please ;) Everybody cannot understand our language :p

Yes, that'll be cool ;) but as I said, they'll need at least 2 french speaking (or writing at least) modos...

ankhsounamoun
26.10.2005, 21:51
If you look for a modo speaking French to take charge of the French section, I am interested to take charge of it.
Of course if you accept my services.

Thanks.

Kinlaadare
29.10.2005, 08:09
I don't look for nutting, I'm not part of the team.
I don't even know if they have the time to tink about that for now... (seems not)

On the other hand, if they want to make a french board, we'll know it on time, I think.

ankhsounamoun
29.10.2005, 08:27
By waiting for the French section, I look forward to the version 4 of daemon tool.

Thank you for your answers.

Kinlaadare
29.10.2005, 08:30
I think someone will translate DT4 to French... I can even do it if needed.

LocutusofBorg
29.10.2005, 22:23
All this depends if there's enough interest in a french
section. I included poll-option so we get a little feedback,
no need for another foreign language if only 10 persons have
interest in it.

Kinlaadare
30.10.2005, 09:16
Seems there's not a lot of people interested...

ankhsounamoun
30.10.2005, 11:00
Kinlaadare makes a mistake, there is a lot of people interested in a forum in French.
Everybody does not speak about English, especially in France where we are very late
For the learning of foreign languages. Maybe that one day we ratraperons
Our delay but by waiting for a forum in French would be welcome

Thank you for for the interest.

Kinlaadare
30.10.2005, 13:42
So, I wonder why there's 9 guys who said no, no need of french board... and only one who said yes...

LocutusofBorg
30.10.2005, 14:21
at the end of the day, what really matters is the "Yes"-
users ;) If there are enough people who vote for "Yes",
we will make the new french board.

Before we start french section, we need to add at least 2
moderators to it, but lets first wait what comes out of this
poll.

Balinho
30.10.2005, 16:52
Hello everyone!!!
I am French user of daemon tool which waits Daemon tool v4 with impatience since month and which comes just to make small passage on forum (Yes, just a small passage because in all ways my English is so bad... I think that even if all the french who used daemon tools does not come to vote it's precisely because they do not know that a part in French can be created! Why? Because the French people have evil with English what explains their weak passage on your forums!
I use a translator to thus answer want to excuse me for the errors! :)

robotangel
30.10.2005, 19:00
Yes, a good way to practise my school-french :D

Balinho
30.10.2005, 19:52
The persons who said they don't need the french section are french ?
I don't think so...

Kinlaadare
30.10.2005, 19:57
Hello everyone!!!
I am French user of daemon tool which waits Daemon tool v4 with impatience since month and which comes just to make small passage on forum (Yes, just a small passage because in all ways my English is so bad... I think that even if all the french who used daemon tools does not come to vote it's precisely because they do not know that a part in French can be created! Why? Because the French people have evil with English what explains their weak passage on your forums!
I use a translator to thus answer want to excuse me for the errors! :)

I've got another point of view on that : the French speaking people who comes here have a quite good English level... which is not due to school.
French system to make pupils learn foreign languages is an "old" damn shit and I won't add anything...

And, for you Balinho I'll translate :

J'ai un autre point de vue la dessus : les francophones qui viennent ici on globalement un bon niveau d'anglais, qui n'est pas dы а l'йcole.
Le systиme franзais pour faire apprendre les langues étrangères aux élèves est une vieille merde et je n'épiloguerais pas dessus...

Balinho
30.10.2005, 20:37
Thanks for the translation Kinlaadare but i understand English when it's writing but i have a lot of problems when i want to write or speak english.....
And thank you for the other frenchies who doesn't speak english ;) !!!

Kinlaadare
30.10.2005, 20:57
No problem Balinho ;) It was a pleasure :D

Balinho
30.10.2005, 21:03
Are you French Kinlaadare ?

AnalCobra
30.10.2005, 21:34
Are you French Kinlaadare ?
Look into the "Where do you live" thread in the Off-Topic Forum, where you find your answer.;)

CubicReg
31.10.2005, 00:16
I'm not a guru in English though I can handle it pretty well. I voted yes for users who would like to take part in the community and can't speak (or read) English.
Now, if we consider this sentence from Kinlaadare, English teaching methods "is an "old" damn shit" in our schools (actually, this isn't my point of view... maybe thanks to my english teacher in 6ème who made me enjoy learning it... now I'm the first in my classroom :wink: ). So it would just not
settle anything to add a french section as pupils having trouble with english at school wouldn't have to do any translation efforts, thus not improving.
We could discuss it much more starting from here...

Underheaven
31.10.2005, 00:47
Ha ha, nice quote.

There's only room for one Boss. And one Snake...The Boss, Metal Gear Solid 3

Kinlaadare
31.10.2005, 08:06
@CubicReg : This is my opinion only ;) I always had problems with English teachers... until I left school to go to university. Not the same way of thinking... :D

traxdata000
31.10.2005, 18:10
I am OK at 100% for a french forum because the problems with daemon tools are technics and it's difficult to exprime with english.
Lol sorry for my very bad english...

alithew
31.10.2005, 18:44
sure it could be a good thing. but I experience a french part on a software forum... we we're 2 users (moderator included :D)
French people, come on !!! don't be so shy ;)

this could be great for those french people who have technical problems ;)

I can't believe it ! this post forced me to register :D

XpatTech
31.10.2005, 22:28
Pourquoi le problème avec le Franзais ?

Kinlaadare
01.11.2005, 07:40
Il n'y a pas vraiment de problèmes XpatTech ;)

I just doubt there is a real need of a french speaking forum...

On another side, i use to forget that a lot a french ppl tend to have a lot of problems with foreign languages... particularly with English.

ankhsounamoun
02.11.2005, 21:26
Thank for your answers
I think that a forum in French would be one more for the site.
And by waiting this blessed day, long life to you all.

OlivierFromFrance
02.11.2005, 21:54
I don't think that a french DAEMON TOOLS forum is really needed (although it could be nice !).

There are already some french forums like http://forum.gravure-news.com/ or http://gravurecity.nuxit.net/ where some people are skill users of Alcohol, DAEMON TOOLS, Nero etc ...

A lot of French users have the capability to understand english if they really want too.

Olivier

ankhsounamoun
03.11.2005, 18:13
Ok , i have a bad idea, sorry.

alithew
03.11.2005, 21:43
A lot of French users have the capability to understand english if they really want too.

but a lot do not have it !
so... as there is no french part on this forum, they simply ask their questions on french forums, that seems logical

Dima_2005
06.11.2005, 10:41
Listen I voted NO, because I think everyone must speak englisch now: in the German forum are a lot interessing posts but,... I can't read it.(I don't understand it so good).
I just have luck that I speak Dutch.

Kinlaadare
06.11.2005, 23:44
Only the number of "yes" will be taken in account so... no real need to vote if you want to say "no" ;)

vatras90
07.11.2005, 12:46
Je trouve qu'un section francais facilite la compréhension pour beaucoup des personnes qui ne parle pas l'anglais.
Translation:
I think, that a french section would make it easier for french people to understand the suggestions= less spam!

Much people learn french instead of english, one example is switzerland
P.S. : My french is awfull!

kukubau
07.11.2005, 16:37
Yes you're right. Many people "learn" French, but much more people "speak" English.
Peace!

And for the fact that the majority(I mean 90%) of those who post in the german forum, speak and write understandable English, I see no point of having, for start the german forum, and second another french one. As someone said before me, in the german forum there are a lot of interesting posts, and those who are not familiar with German have a bad time understanding what it is said there. The german forum makes this little comunity to divide. Another french forum would be the demise. Respect for those german and french speaking people here, but you got to realise that English is universal, but much more it is wide-spreaded, thing that I can not say about French and German.
Peace!

vatras90
07.11.2005, 18:18
I think you exaggerate a little bit. I think that every interesting post in the german section will be posted in the "normal" forum in 24h.