Homepage Date Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homepage Date Format

Please change the date format for the homepage. It is now using the european format in which the day is before the month such as 22.10.2005. For users not used to this system, this can be confusing. If you change this to 10/22/2005, everyone will recognize it very easily. Thanks

Originally Posted by tianclair
    Please change the date format for the homepage. It is now using the european format in which the day is before the month such as 22.10.2005. For users not used to this system, this can be confusing. If you change this to 10/22/2005, everyone will recognize it very easily. Thanks
    Well that is confusing for Europeans like me which are
    btw a lot more people than americans HARHAR

Comment

A better thing that using only american standards ( which are not so standards, see their mesure system... ), a good thing would be to give the user an option for the date format.
      Last edited by Kinlaadare; 23.10.2005, 19:41.
      Carpe diem

Comment

Well, getting cheeky?

Originally Posted by Goldenhawk
        Well that is confusing for Europeans like me which are
        btw a lot more people than americans HARHAR
        Perhaps an option to select Time/date format would be a better suggestion than being offensive? I take it that you're not a diplomat?

No offense to anyone intended as this is a site for posting suggestions, not starting a political discussion or being offensive.

As allways,
        Grumpy

PS
        Can we also add avatars and use smilies?
        "There are white lies, damned lies and....statistics!"

Mark Twain

Yeah,
        Grumpy Troll

Comment

Smilies run... quite well
          If you want an avatar you'll need to deserve it
          Carpe diem

Comment

I have to agree on this one, allow the user to option to have the time displayed automatically - unless this causes massive processing slowdown on the server's part.

I myself prefer to use the php date function 'r' as it is verbose in its display of the date.
            http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

hmmm

whats so confusing... day then month then year?? but the us way is month day then year?? please... get a grip

Comment

Originally Posted by tianclair
                If you change this to 10/22/2005, everyone will recognize it very easily. Thanks
                ROFL!

Anyway, the one and only format easy for everyone is "year/month/day". The one that makes most sense is the current one ("day/month/year"), and "month/day/year" is confusing as hell, since it puts the smallest of the three measurements of time (day) in the middle.
                To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Yes, isn't US the only county to use that backwards kind of date format(and other old kind of measurements)? But anyway to be more polite it might be a good idea to enable that PHP-type of user customisable date format. Quite many forums use that so the users can set the date format to anything they please.

Comment

I am not sure about *only* but definitely in the vast minority (of maybe like 4 countries) :P

and I live in the US - but then again, after the monkey they elected to the White House what can ya expect?

Anyway, support for user - configurable date would be a beneficial thing - I prefer my Date format as above, but if I had my own choice and could do it it would be as follows:

Code:
                    {DayofWeek}, {Date} {Month} {4 digit Year} @ {2 digit 24H}:{2 digit Min}:{2 digit Sec} {TimeZone} ({GMT Offset} GMT)
                    Obviously all of the items in {} are the functions, and everything not in {} are my own additions to make it more readable / aesthetically pleasing (to me).
                    http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

I too would like to have the option to select a date display preference.

Comment

Try to install such thing that you can coose what your date format is.

Comment

Heh, I dont understand, Im just fine with the current system for the date... I do find the US system a little better but thats just because I grew up with it. So I guess it would have to be a users preference... I do make the mistake every once and a while were I mistake the format for the US one... but the good thing is that I dont see much of the european format like 10/11/05 but more like this 10.11.05. so its not that confusing when its in ether format.

Comment

15/11/2005 is more good in all ways, never I have look a user protest for the date format if it is in 11/15/2005.

America no is the cock of the world, sorry yankies.

Edited: Possible good idea is the selectable date format, but is a bad idea the exigency/request for change all the date format.
                            Last edited by Dochilt; 12.11.2005, 10:17.

Comment

Working...
                            X