Daemon Tools for HTPC with MCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools for HTPC with MCE

I would love to see daemon tools to be able to mount images within MCE, under more programs maybee.

When watching a DVD or SVCD today you have to mount it with a mouse.

Another possibility would be to have the ability to mount from a network connection.

Thanks.

I'm not really sure this is what you're looking for, but have you tried putting a batch file beside your images that starts Daemon Tools with the necessary command line switches for auto-mounting them?
    Last edited by NetSoerfer; 24.10.2005, 14:37.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I don't think I can start a batch file from within Media Center.

The thing is I want some kind of way to either mount different DVDs using the remote control to my HTPC or a way to mount it from another computer with ease. I don't want to put a keyboard and mouse beside my HTPC. Kind of destroys the whole concept.

Comment

If you can perform a right-click with the remote, try e.g. MountDaemon - you'll get a context menu entry for DT-supported image files that lets you mount them.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

The thing is I don't want to have to leave MCE2005 if not needed.

The best thing would to have the ability to have a listing in MCE of my DVD collection and then when pressed play it would have to automount the DVD.
          Though this might be in the totaly wrong way for daemon tools...
          Maybe i should just hope for another program to trigger an automount instead of letting daemon tools be wielded with mce... oh well.. Thanx for all help

Comment

This has already been avail for mce 2k4/2k5 for quite some time by binnerup - http://www.mymovies.name/

Comment

Re: mymovies.name

msbob, nice link
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
              X