Someting weird on Ubi's site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someting weird on Ubi's site

I was having a few probs. with SCCT, and was browsing through the Ubi support site. I came across a page, which clearly stated "The install code is..." (Won't write the rest here 'cos of the mods) Anyway, the link below should take you to a screenshot of the page.
    link

The page link incase you wanna try it is: http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/cgi-b...i=&p_topview=1

Does any1 know if this is a real key or not, because I tried it on my bro's. pc (with my legal copy of SCCT) , but it didn't work. It may be a cd specific key. Anyway I'm just lettin' the people know :-)

As clearly stated, Ubisoft distinguishes between install codes (some code related to your computer apparently) and the Online CD Key that came with your game package. It obviously is no CD Key that can be used to install the game.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
      As clearly stated, Ubisoft distinguishes between install codes (some code related to your computer apparently) and the Online CD Key that came with your game package. It obviously is no CD Key that can be used to install the game.
      StarForce keys aren't unique. There *are* different sets of CD keys though. But it is very common for dozens of people to have the same CD key. That's why SF protected games don't use the CD key for the online-check.
      To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Uh, yeah... Does that conflict with my post?
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Re: starforce cd-key post

Whether or not you guys wrote conflicting things, I never knew any of this stuff -- very interesting.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

When I tried it on my brothers pc, it gave me message that the key doesn't "correspond to the disk in the drive."
            I reckon it is a real key (even though its on the site), but can only be used in a region specific area.

Comment

Working...
            X