Any other way to mount images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other way to mount images?

Just had to reformat...everything I have is in some type of image format, but unfortunately, I have problems installing DT. (SATA HDD, constant reboot upon installation.) Until DT 4, is there any other way I can mount my images with an emulator? Alcohol doesn't work as well, btw. I'm at a loss for what to do.

Thanks for the help, and I'm loking forward to DT 4 and supporting it!
    Sa...omai shidai da na.

Re: reboot when installing DAEMON Tools v3.47

Sure, there are other virtual drive programs but I'll try to help you with DAEMON Tools.

What OS and CPU are you using? Do you see a BSOD? DAEMON Tools may have problems installing if you have Starforce drivers on your system. A link to the official Starforce driver uninstall program is in the thread entitled "BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS during Daemon Tools installation" in the Common Problems and Solutions forum.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Athlon XP 3400
      Windows XP Home

Here's a copy/paste of my other post.

Got a new computer, one SATA HDD and one IDE HDD. Problems were encountered when installing the latest Daemon. What was the problem? My computer reboots upon installation. Luckily, I have restore points set up so I can just move back.

So I read the posts here, and I've tried disabling all drives (I have a total of 5. The SATA is partitioned into a main drive, and a recovery drive, the IDE hard drive, and a CD-ROM and DVD-RW.), but yet it STILL crashes!

I suspect it's the partition on my main drive, but as it's part of the hard drive itself, I'm not sure exactly what to do about it.

So it's not BSOD, but it just reboots my computer before the installation completes.
      Sa...omai shidai da na.

Comment

Re: reboot when installing DAEMON Tools v3.47

I think I read your other post too. I was hoping to be able to point to some sort of solution, but I don't have any suggestions.

Since you're not seeing a BSOD but instead a spontaneous reboot, I'd say its a problem with Windows in general or your hardware. But I could be wrong and it's all DAEMON Tools fault after all :wink: .
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Just FYI for all others who might be experiencing the same problem.

Someone mentioned that it might be scsiport.sys that's "not playing nice" with these virtual drives. I've posted on the Alcohol 120% forums as well, and no one could really help short of suggesting that I update my mobo and HDD drivers (which they are for me.). Otherwise, I'm hoping it's some sort of issue between DT and my computer that'll be resolved in DT 4.

As for my OS, it's freshly installed, straight out of the box from Compaq. :P
          Sa...omai shidai da na.

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
            Since you're not seeing a BSOD but instead a spontaneous reboot, I'd say its a problem with Windows in general or your hardware.
            By default, Windows never shows Screens Of Death (of whatever color), but does a warm-reboot instead. You have to enable the BSOD "feature" (lol, hail Windows). Just right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties". It's the "Advanced" tab, the button inside the "startup and recovery" box (rough translation from Greek version of Windows). There should be a checkbox that goes like "automatically restart on failures". This box should be disabled, so when the system crashes, you will be at least informed about which driver (or whatever) crashed the system.
            To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Thanks. Just tried disabling the restart on failures. Here's what I've got.

The problem is with Scsiport.sys
              PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

Stop: 0x00000050 (0xba616000, 0x00000008, 0xba615fff, 0x00000000)

Someone mentioned in another post that it was possible to rename scsiport.sys to bypass the crash. Is there a way to do this? Apparently, Windows has a file protection thing where it renames back to it's original file name.
              Sa...omai shidai da na.

Comment

do you by any chance have any Starforce Games installed as mentioned in an earlier post they have been known to cause crashes with regard to the SCSIPORT.SYS.
                { "Your computer is fine sir, the problem exists between the keyboard and chair" }

Comment

No sir, I do not. I've already checked for the SF file found in the system32/drivers folder, and I haven't installed any SF games.
                  Sa...omai shidai da na.

Comment

me niether when i debugged your minidump at the Alcohol forums after checking which processes were running .
                    Last edited by robbo; 25.10.2005, 17:40.
                    { "Your computer is fine sir, the problem exists between the keyboard and chair" }

Comment

Originally Posted by johngalt
                      http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_ccgm.asp

Run memtest 1.6 on your system to check your system RAM
                      Just did. No memory issues. I imported 1 GB from my old computer, where DT worked flawlessly.

I believe it is the SATA drive and it has SOMETHING to do with scsiport.sys.
                      Sa...omai shidai da na.

Comment

Working...
                      X