Same Daemon-tools error..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Daemon-tools error..

I've gone through tons of the threads of people who have the same problem, but I'm pretty computer-hardware-illiterate. So I ask that if you want me to do something like change a driver name or something, please tell me how to.

Anyway, yeah. Whenever I'm near installation my PC will crash and reboot. Then I try using D-Tools and I get a language error, so I delete the folder with D-Tools in it and then do an Evidence Eraser. Still, the same thing happens every time. What can I do besides wait till 4.0?

Thanks.

Re: reboot when installing DAEMON Tools v3.47

"if you want me to do something like change a driver name or something, please tell me how to" By the way, if you see people mentioning renaming DAEMON Tools drivers, this is a simple option built into the DAEMON Tools setup program, click the Advanced button when installing to see the screen allowing renaming of the DAEMON Tools drivers.

---

What OS and CPU are you using? Do you see a BSOD? DAEMON Tools may have problems installing if you have Starforce drivers on your system. A link to the official Starforce driver uninstall program is in the thread entitled "BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS during Daemon Tools installation" in the Common Problems and Solutions forum.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Well, my OS is Windows XP. I don't know how to check the CPU though, I always forget how to get the name of it after learning. Anyway, I tried the Starforce and nothing happened. I don't get a BSOD, it just completely crashes and reboots. Like, the screen goes black for a second and then starts up again; as if I were restarting it manually.

Comment

disable automatic new start then you may well get a BSOD which could prove helpfull.
        { "Your computer is fine sir, the problem exists between the keyboard and chair" }

Comment

Working...
        X