Invalid cdrom driver problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid cdrom driver problem

I don't know if anyone else had this problem but one day I went to use daemon tools and I enabled 1 drive. It said required restart which is odd it never needs that on windows xp. So I did it and then when my computer restarted I checked my computer and the drive wasn't there. On top of that my actual cd/dvd combo drive in the computer wasn't in my computer. I checked device manager and say it was invalid due to driver. I tried finding a driver for it but the company didnt have any, it said on their site No driver needed for win xp. So I figured it must be a windows problem and searched microsofts site, and found a solution:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    To BACKUP YOUR FILE JUST IN CASE (4 and 5)
    4. On the File menu, click Export.
    5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.

6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
    8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

this info is found at http://support.microsoft.com/default...1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

Hope this helps anyone, I saw a few posts with invalid cdrom things.
Working...
X